• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Motivate, polish, happiness - when is it applied?

Hi
When an item is motivated, polished, or you have a happiness boost, when is this boost applied?
I can understand polishing an item boosts happiness immediately as I can see the numbers move, but when a building is motivated or happiness is enthusiastic when is that boost applied to the production?
Let's say a building has been producing 1000 supplies for half it's time then gets boosted, when it finishes it's time I get 2000. If I boost it with one minute remaining, I still get 2000.
What I'm trying to ask is: does it matter when you boost or motivate? Do I get the same benefits when boosting at the beginning of a production run than at the end? Do I have to rush a boost in, or can I let it build up naturally throughout the day - both options offering the same effect on production?
Also, do boosts run over into the next production run? i.e. can i do several one hour productions runs in a eight hour boost?
Thanks for the help!
VP

The boost only works if it is active when you collect a building.

So if it expires before a production is finished and collected it doesn't count even if it was active when production started

OrionMnt

Corporal
The boost (polishing) is applied immediately for 12h (for happiness buildings). For production buildings it doesn't matter if it was motivated the first second or the last (even if it was motivated after the production was done but not collected) you'll get the (double) bonus. Boosts (from the tavern) as was said is not retroactive, you'll get bonus only if during collection it was active

Knight of ICE

Motivation lasts till the building is collected. Polishing lasts for 12 hrs.

Taurus N

Private
I am new to the game & I have a quest to Motivate or Polish 5 buildings of other players. It does seem quite straight forward I visit other player's cities then motivate or polish their buildings, the problem is that I have done that to about twenty five cities & not one has been added to the five needed in the quest.
Could anyone please tell me if I am doing something wrong, I am currently in bronze age.
Many thanks

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
I am new to the game & I have a quest to Motivate or Polish 5 buildings of other players. It does seem quite straight forward I visit other player's cities then motivate or polish their buildings, the problem is that I have done that to about twenty five cities & not one has been added to the five needed in the quest.
Could anyone please tell me if I am doing something wrong, I am currently in bronze age.
Many thanks

It must be because your friend or guildmate or neighbor has no buildings to be motivated or polished. It's because sometimes inactive players have nothing to be motivated. Untill that player collects their building. Polishing ends in about 12 hours, however it cannot be aided for 12 hours once aided. If every building is aided, there will be nothing to aid or polish. However u will still get coins as you aided. Uusally many BA players could be not active, that might be the problem, but neighbors shuffle every 2 week, don't worry ; )

Last edited:

Digifiend

Private
A little tip regarding other cities. Polish/motivate the highest ranked players, as they're more likely to be active. The lowest ones are those who have perhaps abandoned their cities - those are often good for plundering when you need to win battles for a quest because often you'll find they forgot to update their defensive army, meaning you get an easy win against two spearmen! Of course such cities are almost useless for motivating, since the building productions won't have been collected.