• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Most favorite and most hated event

DeletedUser112892

Okay, I made this thread just to check one thing.
Which is your:
1. Most favorite event;
2. Most hated event
And why?

DeletedUser112892

For me:
1. Summer event. Because it is, in my opinion, the best event for collecting rare items and buildings which come up as daily specials.
2. Carnival event. Because it is the only event where you can only rely on RNG and pure luck so you can win topped main event building (in this year's case Piazza Set).

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
No favourite, but this event is definitely the crappest; spent 12,530 Florins and won only the lvl.1 - Piazza Homes. I was careful which chests to open, ensuring I was getting the best %:cost ratio out of the two chests on offer.
I seriously doubt that the % chance shown bears any reflection on the true chance of winning.

DeletedUser112892

No favourite, but this event is definitely the crappest; spent 12,530 Florins and won only the lvl.1 - Piazza Homes. I was careful which chests to open, ensuring I was getting the best %:cost ratio out of the two chests on offer.
I seriously doubt that the % chance shown bears any reflection on the true chance of winning.
I have Mask Vendor lvl 1,Fountain upgrade kit, 1 clock tower+upgrade kit.
Attempting to get any other set building or upgrade kit, I've squandered ~13k Florins and didn't get any.

eon1299

Private
1. Events that are like football or forge bowl (same mechanic). Why? Because it is straight forward in terms of what you get as a special prize and grand prize and you dont have neighbors to take into equation.
2. I dont have hated event. I know most people will put current event here. But i dont hate it. I almost got what i need from this event and this morning i caught myself thinking that when event is over, i will be missing the rush to check what is the new 6 hrs special or how high is the pot on 5% game.

DeletedUser114342

Summer event 2018 was my favourite! That one was fun!

Worst event so far is Carnival 2019, just coz I’m not a gambler.

DeletedUser6065

Favorite used to be Summer.
Wow.
All types of buildings (including Combat Barracks and Premium whatever-was available).
4 Chances to win - INCLUDING the 'good stuff' - on the roulette wheel. Prizes changed pretty rapidly, so maybe you were too
late right now, but stick around - it'll be back soon enough.
Best building - EVER - the Ziggurat. I got loads of those in my A - J worlds. Wouldn't trade for anything. It was offered for 3 years (?) in a row.
Now Summer Event is just a loaded diaper.
Like all else the development team has mucked with.

Ahh, but who could EVER forget that one magical Christmas Event, when on Christmas Eve
on of the presents offered that you could unwrap was - DIAMONDS. Now please remember,
that on Christmas Event, the presents scramble, but don't change. Sooo . . .
being the ticket/football/florins/soccer ball/wampum/[whatever] hoarder that I am, I was
able to spend a memorable portion of my Christmas Eve unwrapping - Diamonds.
Constantly.
On all 14 of my worlds.
Now that was an event.
. . . . mk
** 65K still in my inventory, and I haven't spent any, in case you are wondering.**

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Favorite event: Spring 2017/18
Why? Well, I'll admit I go for looks and hot damn - those Cherry Garden and Pagoda Houses are just (*insert Deadpool type descriptions here*) bloody gorgeous!
While the Summer event is a close second, I still much prefer the beauty of the Spring stuff, and also the prize wheel system of the summer event is open to lots and lots of sheer rage inducing frustration if you land a bad neighbourhood.

...and this year's coming Spring event has only continued to '1-up' the beauty factor with the 3 new Earth/Fire/Water Pagoda Houses!
While the boosts for the Earth & Water need some work, and the organisation of the sub prizes is beyond awful, this should still be a 'decent' event despite the disheartening lack of any cherry garden upgrades this year.:(
At least the math thus far on the beta play has all but confirmed that just playing through the full quest line will easily allow for a full Lv.7 pagoda.:)

Worst event: Carnival 2019
There is nothing even remotely positive about this giant clusterfeth...
It was DOA on beta and lambasted as being beyond stupidly awful, and 0 changes were made besides ludicrously adding (and then removing!) the insulting 'Jinxed' "achievement" medal. (thanks for the middle finger Inno)

Runner up would be the majority of those hilariously awful Historical Questline events that would routinely give out laughably under powered buildings while demanding players pee away 1-2+ provinces to acquire.