• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: missing timers for neighbours who are also friends

DeletedUser1081

since the 0.14 update, when i use the neighbourhood tab, there are no timers under the ones who are also in my "friends" tab, and i can't attack them. refreshing doesn't fix it.

i sure hope it's not intentional that we can't attack people on our "friends" list - a little sporting PvP with one's pals is quite invigorating!

0.14.8877 (09.08.2012 9:35), mink (62264), en2, en_US, WIN 11,2,202,235, Windows XP, Firefox/14.0.1, 1231x623

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'll post here what I put in a different post (edited out there), as it was asked to report it as a different issue:

Answering the remark that it may be the dev's intention that we cannot attack friends anymore:

I'm not sure, Herluth...

I am going through my neighbourhood, one of my neighbours is on my friendslist as well, and he had no timer under his avatar - yet I could click his avatar and go to his village, could motivate/polish.
For half a second the timer appeared, then I switched to guild bar and back to see if it would stay there, but voila! the countdown timer had changed into an attack button... AND it allows me to attack as well (apologies to my friend but I continued to see if the game would crash, as I'm not supposed to do two actions in a row), however, when it sent me to his village, the plunder button appeared but was greyed out.

Something is definitely wrong there.

Edit:
My neighbour/friend let me know that only the motivation showed up in his events log, not the attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17

You should not be able to attack your friends currently. We also due this to prevent collusion. However I see that its fun to battle friends. We will try to find an opportunity for this in the future.

DeletedUser1081

thanks CJ - it doesn't really prevent much, since all one would have to do is take the co-colluder off one's friends list, no? and friendly PVP is a great thing so I do hope you'll reinstate it soon!

DeletedUser

Hopefully we can indeed attack friends at a later date. Maybe when/if this is added back, make it to where friends can attack, but not plunder afterwards. Thanks guys.