• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Mini-games

DeletedUser6345

Proposal:
Mini-Games such as poker. Everybody loves poker, so why not give us the opportunity to play poker against other players. Maybe offer the possibility to put a low amount of gold on the table?

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, did not find anything tbh.

Reason:
Allow for more time to be spent playing the game, greater attraction to the game itself. Socializing with people. So after spending a ton of money on this game (i play this game in work so i have sum to do), i noticed i don't have to spend as much time checking after my buildings anymore. My town is in great shape and all I have to do is check back to my city every few hours. This means there is very little entertainment still left besides plundering other people their goods.

Details:
To keep people entertained and coming back, introduce some mini-games. Preferably poker.

Visual Aids:
poker1.jpg

Balance: I'm just missing content at this point. I wouldn't mind paying a low fee of diamonds to open up a mini-game even. I just want to have more stuff to do in this game.

Abuse Prevention:
I realise a no-limit game would enable people to send large amounts of gold over, so maybe just keep the maximum bet to like 10-100 gold?

Summary:
I wish there were some mini-games to play, with other players preferably.
It's just that there seems to be very little left to do once you've build everything you've wanted. The quests are hardly something to look forward to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[...] (edit: K.D. was faster ;))

As for the idea itself, please do keep in mind that this game is still in beta (hence, not finished yet). Nevertheless I really do find the idea of implementing mini-games within the game great. ;)

As for the suggested mini-game 'poker', I do have to criticize it a bit.

1. I don't like poker (it's just not my kind of game) :p

2. (More importantly...) For this to work, the possible players for the mini-game would have to go beyond neighborhood and guild. (as there would just be too few for this to work otherwise)

3. There would have to be some sort of indication showing who's currently online => ready to play. As there should be no abuse of this (Ex. spying out your neighbors activity = login times) I'm not sure how this would work.

Considering the above, I don't think 'poker' is the right kind of game for FoE right now. This might change however, as soon as the feature has been implemented regarding defenders being able to actually 'defend' their cities in real one-on-one battles...

Regards,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser

For most direct interactive mini-games to work you need some sort of chat-function as per point 3 Bloodwyn described. This will not be implemented, period.

The game is already extremely resource heavy, to add mini-games to it would just make it worse and then only the top computers could run this game.
Also, as pointed out, this is just a Beta and the devs are still adding content and fixing bugs, to add mini-games is straying quite a bit of the priorities laying ahead.

As for the idea itself; I wouldn't mind seeing some mini-games, but I doubt they'll be implemented anytime soon, here.

- L

DeletedUser6345

[...] (edit: K.D. was faster ;))

1. I don't like poker (it's just not my kind of game) :p

2. (More importantly...) For this to work, the possible players for the mini-game would have to go beyond neighborhood and guild. (as there would just be too few for this to work otherwise)

3. There would have to be some sort of indication showing who's currently online => ready to play. As there should be no abuse of this (Ex. spying out your neighbors activity = login times) I'm not sure how this would work.
Bloodwyn

1: I understand alot of people arrent into poker as much, obviously games liek connect4 or tic-tac-toe could be just as much fun.

2: Games could be global i guess.

3: They could just match you up with players who are specifically not in your neighbourhood?

Poker might seem a little 'modern' for a game that goes back into the ages, however it could be adjusted with looks to make it resemble something that could have been out in these periods of time. It certainly wouldnt be game breaking.

Good to hear you like the idea though!

DeletedUser17

Mini-games are an area we want to explore but playing texas hold em in the Bronze age may be a bit out of character for our game. Thanks for your suggestion.

DeletedUser

Siege mode

How about a "Siege Mode" for a mini-game or really a 'quest based mini-game' maybe before conquering a new territory you can play a tower-like seige mode game (that is not affected by your army and/or resources) to give your team a better infiltration bonus (i.e. when you pay 100 gold you get minus 2 instead of 1 to the enemys health)- not to say this shouldnt be associated with maybe a GAMBLE of 500-1000 gold or something. OR maybe if you defeat someones army and they have nothing to plunder you can 'Seige' them and they can not produce anything for 4 hours? something like that might be cool. lemme know what ya think its not only fitting for the time periods but its played an important tide-turning role throughout history as far back as biblical times :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: