• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

MG team - range issue

• Thread starter DeletedUser14664
  • Start date

DeletedUser14664

• World: Greinfental
  • Browser and Version: Chrome, latest
  • Overview of the bug: Different retaliation and normal attack range
  • Screenshots: and

when i'm on the continental map, it says 10 range, when in the battle it says 7.

so here's what happens on the same terrain every time(retreating from 1st battle and then returning) with my mech artilery:

i move first with my mech artilery and i hit the MG team. he RETALIATES
    after that, the next MG team moves towards my damaged mech artilery and he DOESNT hit him. from the above picture, it shows that the MG team should fire
  • How often this occurs: Every time
  • Urgency: REALLY urgent
  • Preventative Actions:
  • Summary: Fix it
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:
You can't fix it.

DeletedUser97349

Hello Patepamore,

Retaliation from ranged units is a new feature of PME, and not a bug. As you can see in your first screen shot, the MG team has the ability 'contact' which means they always retaliate. I am currently investigating the issue of the differing ranges.

DeletedUser97349

Further to this, I can confirm that the reduced range when in battle is due to the battlefield scaling, and not a bug, therefore I will move this thread to the 'Not a bug' section.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Well how can retaliation range EXCEED normal attack range?

The battlefield scaling is NOT being applied to the retaliation, and as such should be classed as a bug.

Attack range 10/1.5 scaling = 6..67 (rounded up to 7)

Retaliation range 10 / NO scaling = 10

DeletedUser14664

I'm not saying that retaliations is a bug, i'm saying that the RANGE of the retaliation is a bug.
the last 2 pictures prove that there is an issue with the retaliation and the normal attack range.

the damaged artilery wasnt moved, and yet in the second picture, when the MG team get closer, 8 hexes away, it doesnt hit me.

DeletedUser3157

Have u tried hitting it 11 or 12 tiles out with artillery? Maybe the bug is not that it retaliates based on unscaled distances on scaled maps, but because it retaliates absolutely everything even if it's way out of range? And if so, maybe that's not really a bug afterall, just something very illogical instead. I mean if u read that wording of that special bonus, it's kinda vague :P

DeletedUser14664

Above 10range you wont get hit with retaliation, only at 10 and below(everytime), which like you said, isnt really mentioned

DeletedUser3157

Alright, then it's a bug.

Mods, please kindly move this thread to its correct sub-section then, so it could get looked at : )

DeletedUser14664

this should be fixed and i'm writing here again, otherwise this thread will just get lost

DeletedUser

I am not in PME yet so it does not affect me yet, but this is definetelly a bug.
MG team has a range of 10 (7 in x1.5 map) when it attacks normally but
a range of 15 (10 in x1.5 map) when it retaliates.
It's description says: it retaliates always, so either it can retaliate within its normal range 10 (7 in x1.5 map) or it can retaliate within an infinite range (no matter how far you attack it, it will retaliate, even from the other side of the field), but retaliating within a specific range diferent than its normal range is a bug.
Maybe not a very importand one but still a bug :)

DeletedUser13082

Agreed. After checking it myself too, MG teams do clearly have a longer range for retaliation than they do for their attacks. Not sure why this is in the "not a bug" section?

I am not in PME yet so it does not affect me yet, but this is definetelly a bug.
MG team has a range of 10 (7 in x1.5 map) when it attacks normally but
a range of 15 (10 in x1.5 map) when it retaliates.
It's description says: it retaliates always, so either it can retaliate within its normal range 10 (7 in x1.5 map) or it can retaliate within an infinite range (no matter how far you attack it, it will retaliate, even from the other side of the field), but retaliating within a specific range diferent than its normal range is a bug.
Maybe not a very importand one but still a bug :)

It is possible to attack MG teams with rocket artillery without being hit with retaliation. If MG team is on the outer edge of the rocket artillery firing range, or one tile in from the outer edge, it does not retaliate.

DeletedUser97349

Having looked again at this and bearing in mind the lack of retaliation against rocket artillery at the edge of their range, I will set this to confirmed for further action.

DeletedUser13082

Having looked again at this and bearing in mind the lack of retaliation against rocket artillery at the edge of their range, I will set this to confirmed for further action.

I think the lack of retaliation is correct however it should be a shorter retaliation distance (matching the range distance of their normal attacks). My thoughts are that the "retaliate always" doesn't mean they retaliate 100% of the time no matter the distance, but rather they retaliate every time they are hit and are in attacking distance, where as all previous units have only been given one retaliation per turn. By that I mean hitting an older unit that retaliates means that until it has had it's own turn again, it will not be able to retaliate against any other hits.

The bug in question, the way I see it, is that the range of an MG team's retaliation is far greater then their range should be.

DeletedUser97349

I think the lack of retaliation is correct however it should be a shorter retaliation distance (matching the range distance of their normal attacks). My thoughts are that the "retaliate always" doesn't mean they retaliate 100% of the time no matter the distance, but rather they retaliate every time they are hit and are in attacking distance, where as all previous units have only been given one retaliation per turn. By that I mean hitting an older unit that retaliates means that until it has had it's own turn again, it will not be able to retaliate against any other hits.

The bug in question, the way I see it, is that the range of an MG team's retaliation is far greater then their range should be.

Agreed, should the contact ability have caused retaliation regardless of range as I first assumed, that could be considered a game feature, however it is clearly possible for units to be out of range of retaliation, yet the apparent retaliation range is inconsistent with attack range.