• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: medals gone awol?

DeletedUser15425

so, the HMA tournament just ended and i was supposed to get 20 medals. guess how many i got? zero... i think this has happened before. it's pointless to fight if rewards don't come to me. thoughts? I would have noticed if i were 20 medals richer...

DeletedUser9070

It can take a while for server to reward you the medals, it will come eventually, just refresh your game every so often.

DeletedUser

Hey Sunny24,

Have you tried to refresh and then check you medal count? Sometimes, this helps.
Also, even though the tournament has ended, the rankings are still visible, so you can click on the HMA Tower and check in which place you finished. It can be that someone else caught up and even surpassed you in the last moment.

DeletedUser15425

thanks for your replies. yes since the game has lots of faults that don't get fixed unless the browser is refreshed, i basically refresh it before every collection (if someone has come by my town and done something, the effect isn't visible without a refresh. but that's a different topic). so it's not that. also, my rank in the tournament is fine. the 20 medals should be mine. still didn't get them tho. i'll wait...

DeletedUser

still didn't get them tho. i'll wait...

Which is probably the best solution. Our medals sometimes go on strike (complaining about having to work Sunday shifts where even the military units get a break) and only show up on Monday. Did you know, when we introduced blue prints they tried to unite with coins and supplies, demanding a better icon graphic? Said theirs looked dated compared to the new and shiny BP icon... the whole thing fell through when the supplies failed to show up to the meeting, they said they were used to being picked up.

sheesh, I really shouldn't drink red wine for dinner and post on the forums

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

This is a great behind-the scenes look.. Didn't know that those medals were such drama queens.. gosh! :p And trying to spoil the supplies too by getting them on their drama bandwagon...

DeletedUser

@Sunny24, Just make sure that you indeed suppose to get them e.g. that no one sneaked several fights just before the end and passed you in the ranking ;)

DeletedUser15425

hehehe, oh yes, medals are such drama queens, it seems! :D. I got the 12 from the one tournament now. still waiting on the 20 from the other. suppose the medals took the slow ship across the ocean. but they'll get here eventually ;). nope, no one overtook me. have a nice sunday

DeletedUser15425

anwar, since I got you - why isn't there a notification when the medals are awarded from pvp tournaments? it'd make it easier to keep track on whether or not it's worked. there is a notification when great buildings are leveled up, so why not here?

DeletedUser

there is a notification when great buildings are leveled up, so why not here?

Short answer: Because the GB feature was cooked up by me. :D

Long answer: The current tournament system was developed as one of the last features before closed beta release. A lot of things had to be done at that time and not all the features there are as polished as I'd like them to be.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

A notification for tournament ranking/reward would be nice. If the GB notification looks anything like the accepted trade notification, it would be perfect. iirc, I submitted a suggestion for this on the ideas forum.

DeletedUser15425

oh okay. well I know it's a beta stage and all, so keep at it :O). it's a very cool game

DeletedUser15425

hmm, still no new medals... they're being real divas, the 20 medals...

DeletedUser

Hi Sunny,

If your medals have not showed up by now, feel free to put in a ticket (right click anywhere and "Contact Support") and someone will investigate further into your situation.

DeletedUser

There is no ranking champion nor award of PvP medals yet from tournament that ended Sunday. Should I wait or log a ticket?

DeletedUser

Thanks byeordie, it appears I got confused on the medals, the support team said it was just limited to being in a new neighborhood and the listing of the current champion. Medals, but no fame. It's quite alright.
You can log a ticket by now :)