• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Medals and Expansions

DeletedUser

Wondered if this was a bug or wai.

Upto the 4th medal expansion, at 500 medals, ive been paying for the expansion, once i got the required medals, with coins. Then when i just got over the 1000 medal mark, and goto buy the expansion, it actually costs 1000 medals to buy it.

Doesnt seem right to me...

DeletedUser

Hey Xanaq,

Medal Expansions have always costed Medals to unlock.
It's Research and Continent Map Expansions that you buy with Coins.
(And Diamond Expansions are bought with Diamonds.)

- L

DeletedUser

My point was that i did buy earlier medal expansions with coins, and now it has changed to medals.

The way it was, for me, was you unlocked the ability to buy them by getting a certain amount of medals... then bought them with coins. The new way doesnt seem right.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah I see, well since I joined somewhere in August the Medals were currency.
It would seem a bit strange that this wasn't the case in earlier patches, since then the Medals would have no function whatsoever, except as a counter to unlock thresholds..

In any case, they are now actual currency for Medal Expansions.

Hope that clears things up. :)

- L

DeletedUser

As far as I know medal expansions have always been paid for by medals only.

If you are very certain you also had to pay with coins (and are not accidentally confusing them with either diamond expansions or expansions unlocked on the map or in the research tree), it's best to submit an ingame ticket so that our staff can have a look at it: right-click anywhere on your village screen, choose support from the pop-up window, choose the world it happens on and proceed from there :).

DeletedUser

It wasnt also it was instead of. I just wanted a confirmation that the new way wasnt a bug. Actually id prefer if it was, i preffered it as it was.

DeletedUser

My knowledge reaches back to very early May, if what you refer to happened before that, then I can't be 100% sure, of course, as a lot of things have evolved.
But ever since then, medal expansions are being paid for by medals :)

DeletedUser

Did the 1000 medal today, cant remember when i did the 500 one. I do know this is the first time ive spent medals.
On spending them i went from 1138 to 138 medals. Quite annoying since i thought id now be going from 1138 to the next expansion at 2000, but see im going to have to go from 138 to 2000. Was bad enough before, now i doubt ill do it.

DeletedUser

since then the Medals would have no function whatsoever, except as a counter to unlock thresholds..

Qouting this because that is how they worked for me, until now. Seems like a way to put it thats clearer than anything ive said. I liked that system.

DeletedUser

Is it possible you have bought some of the normal expansions with money before, and also a few victory (medal) ones and missed the fact you used medals for them?
Because if you have unlocked an expansion on the map / research, it shows in the expansion menu and is paid for with money. If you had one of these available at the same time with a victory expansion, this might explain why you'd see it as either / or payment. But do you mean the same expansion picture showed next to each other money and medals?
As far as I know (have only played a while and bought one victory expansion) the way it works is when you have enough medals you click on the expansion and it immediately lets you place it. No unlocking. And you lose the medals of course. If you have been able to get victory expansions without losing the medals, that is quite an advantage you've had there!

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

Ive had full map and had all reseacrh/map expansion for a while now.
Am certain that the last ones ive got were through pvp, ive been focussing on that since i cant do anything else.
And i know i didnt before lose medals because, with me focussing on pvp, i was very aware of how many i had and would have noticed any loss. Like i noticed today. I thought how it was working for me was just how it worked.

DeletedUser

No, it shouldn't have been the way it worked :)

Maybe it's time to submit that ticket after all, as I suggested in my first answer to you, so it can be checked.