• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Market -Trading - Filter Checkboxes not woking logically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4089

OK, if the trades screen started empty, with no trades in it, then clicking the checkboxes (Which would be "Show guild offers" and "Show neighbourhood offers"), would add trades to the screen, as you would be asking it to include these kinds of offers.

However, we have a screen that starts by showing all the offers, so we need to filter out what we don't want, not add what we do want(it's all there by default). The check boxes say "Only show guild offers" or "Only show neighbourhood offers".

Let me explain it like this, imagine all the offers, are actually people, at my party. I have 2 bouncers, one is called guildbox, the other is called neighbourbox. At the start of the party, everyone is allowed in, but later, I want it to be more exclusive. I tell guildbox to go to every guest, and if they are not from my guild, to throw them out. I tell neighbourbox to go to every guest, and if their not from my neighbourhood, throw them out. guildbox doesn't care if they're from my neighbourhood or not, and neighbourbox doesn't care if they're from my guild or not. They both do their jobs, and I am left with only people who are BOTH from my guild AND from my neighbourhood. As in, each guest is from BOTH, not one or the other, but both. (If they're only in one, then the other bouncers throws them out).

If you want the check boxes to work the way you want them to, we need to start with an empty trades screen.

I hope this has helped explain why it works as it does. Maybe you could propose an idea to start with a blank trade screen and then include the offers you want (using the proper format of course).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

With barts fine post above, I feel this thread has ran its course, and will now close it. Thanks for playing Forge of Empires.

Status
Not open for further replies.