• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Maktaba Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This rather looks intimidating, having faced all of them from all iron age sectors, I can say that if I had a similar setup against an army of 8 archers, I can take them out in less than 4 rounds, I haven't brushed up with this army yet, my archers are taking forever to heal but I'm planning to use spearmen to scout their behavior lol. Any tips for this?

DeletedUser

8 spears. i want to say i lost about 6, and 2 injured. just need to rush the ballista, it takes at least 3 shots from them to kill a spear, and you can get to them within 3 turns. the soldiers will get in the way for 1 turn, they will attack but on your next turn, go around them, dont attack them and go straight for ballista. once you knock ballista out, then youll probbably have at least 3-4 spears left, attack the soldiers in the bushes/forests with your strongest spear first.

DeletedUser

i got with 5 spears to the balista - cant knock them out with one hit - so they still kill my spears.

DeletedUser

damast has a point, it'll take 3 turns to get to them unless the AI does something crazy like move the ballistae closer (which they're prone to do) and they'll take out 2 spear at least per turn...

DeletedUser

I used horsemen and archers and charged them... the horses got to them in two turns and the archers just managed to clean them up, i was left with 1 health bar on 1 archer in the end...

DeletedUser1378

Two ballista, two soldier, one legionnaire, three archers ... Victory! Difficult battle and I was left with only one full soldier and and the legionnaire at one bar. I can't say if the ballista were a wise choice, they were picked off pretty quick, and the legionnaire was so slow ... anyway, i'm happy :D

DeletedUser

Good for you guys then, I stormed it with 8 archers, I came out victorious but it was a Pyrrhic victory, only 1 archer was able to live to tell the tale... :D

DeletedUser

I've realized that the more long range units, the more light melee are needed. This is because you want to get those units a.s.a.p.

For example, facing 2 fast units, 1 heavy melee and 5 long range, would require just 2 short range and 6 light melee; as you move your troops forward, make sure the light melee stays on either, a bush or a forest. As the enemy's units approaches you, you can take them out with the short range; fast units should die in the first or second round.

DeletedUser1132

4 archers, 4 ballistas

spread out the archers so the enemy ballistas won´t focus on them so much and only kill 1 or 2 of them first round (one or even two enemy ballistas won´t even take a shot on them :cool:)

your ballistas will kill 2 of the enemy ballistas each turn while the archers take care of the soldiers

if I remember right, it only took 3 rounds and I even had one insured archer and all ballistas full health left

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

4 archers, 4 ballistas

spread out the archers so the enemy ballistas won´t focus on them so much and only kill 1 or 2 of them first round (one or even two enemy ballistas won´t even take a shot on them :cool:)

your ballistas will kill 2 of the enemy ballistas each turn while the archers take care of the soldiers

if I remember right, it only took 3 rounds and I even had one insured archer and all ballistas full health left

+1

I only use spear type soldiers against cavalry, else archers and balistas. Just killed 8 LMA horsemen with 4 spear and 4 archer type soldiers

DeletedUser1132

+1

I only use spear type soldiers against cavalry, else archers and balistas. Just killed 8 LMA horsemen with 4 spear and 4 archer type soldiers

even against horse type troops I use archers and maybe 1, max. 2 spear type but only to create some kind of air pocket for my archers to hide by blocking the horses way so they can´t reach my archers before I have a shot at them, it works pretty good for me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.