• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Making unattached military units

DeletedUser

I checked the forums and couldn't find this idea--i'm new to FoE and don't know if this has been discussed and rejected before but here it goes--
When a barracks is sold (to make room to update to the next age) why couldn't the units that are already made become unattached (instead of just disappearing from the military ranks page). The units are already trained and paid for--if you lose them, they would be just like the other unattached ones from quests.

DeletedUser7719

Because they are being held in their barracks. I could see some abuse here, so -1 from me (plus this idea would make Alcatraz worthless)

DeletedUser

Haven't read up on Alcatraz bonuses--i'm still in the early middle ages. What disadvantages would come about with the Alcatraz building?
When goods buildings are sold, the goods don't disappear--i thought the same for military units. The units would not be able to be replenished as the ones that are part of a barracks. There then should be a limit to the number of unattached units that you could stockpile.

DeletedUser

Very abusable:
  1. Build Tank Factory
  2. Build 2 Tanks
  3. Sell Tank Factory and get 2 unattached tanks
  4. GOTO #1 and repeat until you have lots of tanks then repeat with another unit.

Plus a Byeordie said - this is the exact same function that Alcatraz has without requiring a 10x7 building and can produce exactly the units you want (and the developers have already said that they considered a limit on the number of units a player could have and decided that they would not limit it).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yep sorry just read alcatraz brief--this idea repetitive. I understand the abuse part--stockpiling. again new to the game and was disappointed when units started disappearing as i was moving through the ages and upgrading the military.

DeletedUser9168

Lol when I was starting out I never realised they disappeared when you sold the barracks - so I built a barracks, trained 4 spear fighters, sold the barracks, built a new one, trained 4 more.... I must have wasted loads of supplies and money before I twigged what was going on! As I was fighting sectors at the same time I just assumed they were all getting killed in battle... Duhhhhh!

DeletedUser

Lol when I was starting out I never realised they disappeared when you sold the barracks - so I built a barracks, trained 4 spear fighters, sold the barracks, built a new one, trained 4 more.... I must have wasted loads of supplies and money before I twigged what was going on! As I was fighting sectors at the same time I just assumed they were all getting killed in battle... Duhhhhh!

when you started out didnt you read all the tutorials that explained how to play this game...blacksmith better start weeping for the species

DeletedUser276

thing is though he learned from his mistakes... obviously though you didnt read that part or learn from what I have told you.. :(

DeletedUser15432

I agree that it would be bad for the game and highly subject to abuse if the units created in a barracks were retained after the barracks was deleted or updated with a newer building. However, with subject to the beginners guide, when I joined there were no helpful pointers as yo how to find all the information, it was only after I had been playing for approximately 2 months that I discovered the beginners guide

DeletedUser

Well, now the start page/index/homepage contains better links for these info. ;)