• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Make rogues scale stats with age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glide.

Private
Proposal:
Make rogues scale their damage and range in accordance with age: for example an Iron Age rogue deals 25 damage, while a SAJM one has 1200 damage. Pre-1.5 scaling age rogues have 14 range, post-1.5 rogues have 21 range (14*1.5)

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea:
Yes, I wasn't able to find anything in a brief search of the EN forums, Apologies if it has already been suggested.

Reason:
Rogues, in earlier ages, have 100 damage, much higher than the 10s of IA or even the 30s of LMA and have good range. However, in higher ages with 1.5 battlefield scaling and units dealing hundreds of damage, the Rogue loses its ability to deal incredible damage, like in earlier ages.

Details:
Make each rogue deal approximately 2x damage compared to the light unit of their age, increase their range by 1.5 after the battlefield scaling.

Visual Aids:
IArogue.png
FErogue.png

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
Rogues are already the most versatile and useful unit in the game, if this makes them too powerful, it may not be a good idea. On the other hand, it makes maunal battles much more appealing. Also, I have decreased rogue damage in lower ages, which should make it not violate the do not suggest list.

Knight of ICE

This wouldn't work. In later ages rogues never make it to attack opposing units.

Evoshadzzz

Private
I feel this would make no sence, all units at higher ages are mostly ranged, they would never make it to the target and i feel the whole conecpt of a rouge is to be unique, having the high damage in lower ages allows it to feel really powerfull for the lower eras, people who are likely to struggle more in GbG/GE, whereas in higher ages, Your A/D is higher allowing you to max later exc.

Status
Not open for further replies.