• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Make Observatories selectable

DeletedUser107405

Proposal: make observatories selectable, to produce any era goods; from iron age to
the era a player is in.

Current System:
the observatory starts producing only the goods a player is in. No going back.

Details:
upon puting down an Observatory, the owner should be able to select what age the
Great Building is going to produce goods in. Allowing the owner to change the Observatories
production as circumstances change in the game

Summary:
Which would allow a whole guild to produce goods, to support thier wishs.

DeletedUser108047

Whilst as a guild leader I like the idea and it would make it much easier to switch maps in GvG particularly, I think it could have some side effects. For example the current situation means a guild needs to either invest in new players at a low levesl or build low age goods buildings to be able to participate in GvG. Your solution would reduce the need to recruit new members and reduce the need to invest in goods buildings (in a game where space is at a premium). This would mean senior guilds could dominate lower level GvG even more because the investment cost would be lower. I think this would be unhealthy for the game.

An alternative would be to require the Observatory to be upgraded with a reno kit or one up kit... thus making the age of the Observatory a more strategic decision on the part of the guild, but as these kits are rare enough, this could be problematic and restrict guild growth going forward particularly as Observatory goods are a good offset to GE costs.

On balance I think the current arrangements are reasonable so -1

DeletedUser96901

lets look at GE
great buildings don't produce for your age

that was a decision of the developers, not a mistake

with that idea players could chose the age they need for GE

so this idea is against that what the developers wanted

because if the developers wanted that the GB would produce goods for the GE they had simply made it that it would cost goods of the age of the player

so a -1

Summary:
Which would allow a whole guild to produce goods, to support thier wishs.
players don't get what they wish

when they introduced the modern era many had the wish that the GB would still produce goods of their era not goods from 3 ages previous

DeletedUser109385

Whilst as a guild leader I like the idea and it would make it much easier to switch maps in GvG particularly, I think it could have some side effects. For example the current situation means a guild needs to either invest in new players at a low levesl or build low age goods buildings to be able to participate in GvG. Your solution would reduce the need to recruit new members and reduce the need to invest in goods buildings (in a game where space is at a premium). This would mean senior guilds could dominate lower level GvG even more because the investment cost would be lower. I think this would be unhealthy for the game.

An alternative would be to require the Observatory to be upgraded with a reno kit or one up kit... thus making the age of the Observatory a more strategic decision on the part of the guild, but as these kits are rare enough, this could be problematic and restrict guild growth going forward particularly as Observatory goods are a good offset to GE costs.

On balance I think the current arrangements are reasonable so -1
I have to agree with statement, if this idea was implemented then lower age players will less likely be recruited so unfortunately -1

DeletedUser109749

-1,The players from different era in the guild itself creates uniqueness ,If this will happen than there will be no need of any Iron age player when we need iron age goods ,This means that the whole system will get manipulated.

DeletedUser108047

Different server, different group of players and the result was 2 years ago. Much has changed since then....