• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Mail Bug (can't type any ingame mails after update)

• Thread starter The Great Milenko
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Attachments

• MailBug-1.jpg
    MailBug-1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can confirm this bug here - with the new build from 02.05.12

You only see your "old" mails, but you cant open them - also you cant write something new (internal error).
Tryed many times so this is a bug and it needs to be fixed ASAP please.
There is some trades going on and friendly chat - and now you could do nothing.

Greets
Funonline

DeletedUser17

I cannot recreate this. Can you post your system specs? I can write and edit in the message system in multiple accounts.

DeletedUser

>>> Messagereading
So here is a screen from me :
23m3g4g.jpg

Everything is "grayed" out when I open a message, no message is shown - also no chance to interact beyond this point.
You need to close the browserwindow and relogin.
As it looks the messagewindow is far far away - outside the normal userarea

Browser : Firefox 12.0 (Cache cleared)

>>> Messagewriting
As it looks this is working again when you create a new message - but you still could not read the answer to it :rolleyes:

Before the update today - I had no problems with both (writing & reading) so I think something from the update is wrong.

DeletedUser

Are you in Full Screen mode when you type? I have noticed that Adobe does not let you type.

DeletedUser

Tryed windowmode & fullscreen (normally I play in window) - both had the same result - no message + no interaction

DeletedUser

Update :
The bug only happens on "old" conversations.
When you start a new one (and delete the old) everything is fine again here.

Greets
Funonline

DeletedUser

Update 2:
New message :
e8k8ld.jpg

Still out of place here - not completly solved

DeletedUser

Update 3 :
The longer a new messagetree get's - the bigger the positioning windowproblem :
algsya.jpg

That's the reason, why you cant open "older" messagetrees - they are soooooooooooooo long, it will put them out the solar system :rolleyes: - and if not - in every case out of your userarea on the window

Still NEED to be fixed asap please

DeletedUser

Can you post your system specs?

I am not encountering this issue. We need as much information as possible.

DeletedUser

Hi Archangel Snail,

Here my Systemspecs :
Win XP Sp3 - Intel Quadcore - Firefox 12.0 - ATI HD 6970

I will test it soon with Chrome to see if it comes from the browser - and post a update

DeletedUser

I can confirm this.
When the message gets longer the window position is higher.

Bug.jpg

Using:
Win 7 Ultimate 64
Firefox 12.0

DeletedUser1081

i have the same problem with messages opening way too high to read,
and it's not only with old/long correspondence.
XP, Firefox 12

DeletedUser

The issue here is that the more messages you send back and forth without writing a new message the higher on the screen the message window is placed.

I've found that when the number of messages in one conversation gets up to (10) then the window is too high to read or write. I've had to start new conversations after (6) messages just to prevent this from happening.

Now was that clear enough for you so now if you message over and over in the same conversation maybe you'll be able to re-create this for yourself.

Chrome highest version is what I have if you really need it but it seems all Systems are having this.