• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Lock Great Building Contribution

DeletedUser110195

Proposal: Allow players to lock great building contribution by others

Were there any similar ideas: None that I could find

Reason: Prevent new players who may not know how leveling a great building works from inadvertently leveling a great building....also that guy who does it to snipe a higher reward. In addition, allow you to stop people wasting forge points on buildings that they may have to level solo if you can't be on the game for an extended period(won't stop those of you who want others to level your buildings :p).

Details: Simply, add a button on the contribution screen whose function is to disallow the adding of forge points to a great building by anyone other than the owner.

Visual Aids: None as usual, could be, but aren't any.

No balance issues

No possible abuse

In summary: I have a great building close to leveling and another that's half leveled, top contributor on both is the same guy and not sure how to politely tell him to stop adding points to them. He has no great buildings and I remember when I didn't either, just wanted something in my city. Fortunately for me it was Zeus I leveled for someone else, so they lost nothing.

DeletedUser6065

'Proposal: Allow players to lock great building contribution by others . . . also that guy who does it to snipe a higher reward.'
This is where you lost me. Bottom line, when contributing to these monstrosities, go big or go home. There is no such thing as 'snipe'. Only players who think they're gonna coast in laid back mode to their own high rewards. Somebody gets caught with their pants down around their ankles, well too bad for them. The only way you can lose your position in these Forge Point Garbage Disposals, is if you're 1 point in front of the guy, and there are 2 left to place. But, you shouldda seen him behind you all that time, and donated to 1 point left, and that would give a tie, which would go to you (assuming you were the first).

But, for curbing the inadvertent leveling, this is an O.K. idea.

. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

This is where you lost me. Bottom line, when contributing to these monstrosities, go big or go home. There is no such thing as 'snipe'. Only players who think they're gonna coast in laid back mode to their own high rewards. Somebody gets caught with their pants down around their ankles, well too bad for them. The only way you can lose your position in these Forge Point Garbage Disposals, is if you're 1 point in front of the guy, and there are 2 left to place. But, you shouldda seen him behind you all that time, and donated to 1 point left, and that would give a tie, which would go to you (assuming you were the first).

But, for curbing the inadvertent leveling, this is an O.K. idea.

. . . mk
It's not about stopping sniping, it's about stopping the guy who doesn't care that he's screwing over the owner.

DeletedUser109966

Not fond of this idea... it works two ways... while double dipping is nice, sometimes the investor wants his/her reward for their investment when they want it as well... I can't tell you how many times I've needed the FP packs to invest elsewhere with 1fp left on the GB and the owner has taken days to level it... not all GB owners play 24/7

DeletedUser110195

Not fond of this idea... it works two ways... while double dipping is nice, sometimes the investor wants his/her reward for their investment when they want it as well... I can't tell you how many times I've needed the FP packs to invest elsewhere with 1fp left on the GB and the owner has taken days to level it... not all GB owners play 24/7
Well maybe it could have a 24/48/72 hour timer attached to it, something to give an active owner the time they need when it's close to get their next collection and then level it.

DeletedUser16126

-1, sniping and prevent double dipping can be a strategic choice too. If I see a Gb from an enemy guild sitting on 1 fp left, I sometimes add the extra FP to annoy the player that is a danger for my guild. For me it's just one of the tools of the psychological war-fare..

DeletedUser103052

The discussion on this has been had before with the same result. -1

DeletedUser100065

Sometimes leveling someones great building is done on purpose, either for giggles or as payment for a plunder received. You still get added boost of new level so you miss a double collect. Suck it up buttercup. -1

DeletedUser110195

Sometimes leveling someones great building is done on purpose, either for giggles or as payment for a plunder received. You still get added boost of new level so you miss a double collect. Suck it up buttercup. -1
Well since people just won't leave this alone, if you want to contribute for that purpose you should have to kill my defense to do it. If I don't want you in my city then you should not be able to do anything in it, leaving you only the recourse to break my defense and do whatever. Though frankly I'd think raiding the great building for forge points you've put into it would make more sense, but that would blow the doors off the gates to abuse.

DeletedUser10851

When I see a GB I am contributing to, has reached the 15 FB or less to level, I send the owner a PM letting them know. 9% of the time that GB gets leveled out within a day or 2.

DeletedUser108842

I wanna say -1 for the idea ONLY because the way you collect your GB's production is stupid.
We should collect Great buildings every day at a chosen-by-player time (which can be changed at a cost)
I will even describe that in a separate thread in a moment...

Last edited by a moderator:

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
-1, sniping and prevent double dipping can be a strategic choice too. If I see a Gb from an enemy guild sitting on 1 fp left, I sometimes add the extra FP to annoy the player that is a danger for my guild. For me it's just one of the tools of the psychological war-fare..

lol, I will have to look out for other players GB's ready to level, this would be useful for Nabs that annoy :D

DeletedUser108821

I use this strategy as well, it is one of the most sophisticated revenges I ever discover.

DeletedUser110195

I use this strategy as well, it is one of the most sophisticated revenges I ever discover.
Wow, I had no idea necromancers cared so much for their appearance....but since this thread has been dredged up, again....I give you my reaction to the concept of revenge leveling:
picard-facepalm.jpg

DeletedUser108643

I would propose an amendment to the idea - the owner of a GB can choose to lock/unlock non-guild members. This would prevent non-guildies from swooping in and spoiling in-guild GB swaps.

+ 1

Agent327

Overlord

No possible abuse is a joke. The abuse is that you decide who can contribute in your GB and who can not. What you want is to make arrangements with other players to donate 1,8 or higher in eachothers GB's and shut out those wo can get a spot for less.