• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: limit trade offers

DeletedUser14389

there are nobs spaming the market whit over 100 trade offers. (5-6 pages of offers from one player)
and to be more crazy 90% of them are unfair ( 6 dye for 11 gold etc) ..
it takes me a while to pass all those pages to see if there is any normal offer..
maybe to limit the number of offers to 20 in guild, 20 free market??
cause nobs put their offers with no real meaning (they dont really need it asap and wait if someone will eventualy accept it) ..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you have got 2 powerful filter systems to use when viewing the market.

filter on guild
your guild market should be your first port of call when looking for anything. trades in guild cost no forge points and your guild market should be free of spam trades *IF* you are in a decent guild which regulates fair trading. if not, take my advice and quit the guild, find a guild with a fair trade policy, they normally advertise this on their profile.

filter by offer / need
working out why you are looking at the market (apart from being bored or having nothing more interesting to look at... <cough>) is worth considering. are you buying or selling? who has what i want to buy? who has what i want to sell? are my bonus resources worth building a second factory for? are there lots of numpties selling what i'm producing or are they clamouring for my goods? it pays to watch the trends on your markets.

combine both filters, and you have tools to reduce the noise selectively. every login, i check the "Need" filters for each resource i'm producing with bonus. not that you should be even thinking of producing without a production resource bonus, that's what crazy noobs do, and kill themselves doing it. it maybe tedious to filter, look down the lists, select a new filter, rinse and repeat. but do you must, if as rich and totally loaded as Yoda you want to be, yes?

sometimes you can strike gold and find a frantic buyer who is offering a generous deal and hoping for a quick fill. it can be worth your while buying in from the rip-off merchants to make the deal and still come away with a profit. but think before you press the trade button. circular deals can be a great way to make a profit too, particularly if there is a surplus on your guild market and a demand on your neighbourhood or visaversa.

it is always worth wading through the "junk" trades and the market spammers. always. one spammer on my list made the most stupid blunder and offered 20 for 10 deals instead of 10 for 20 deals on a two era split, with the eras inverted. i burned 10 forge points and made a freakin' killing! :D

i gave 20 limestone for 40 silk back times 10 deals, you do the maths*... :)

___
tracey
daylight robber

* bootnote: my "gifter" went inactive shortly after that. no guilt trip, they put the deal up, they lost.

DeletedUser1094

Hi ZILDJIAN...
For the record...and future use : Please read the 2nd top thread -> Guide to the Ideas section *Please read before posting*
...and remember to use the Idea-template, found that thread, when posting new ideas.

maybe to limit the number of offers to 20 in guild, 20 free market??
That has been tried some months ago... and very quickly removed again.
(My ears still hurts from all the cries of the users, when it was implemented)
Something else, than a direct offer-limit but with a similar effect, might be implemented in the future though...

one spammer on my list made the most stupid blunder and offered 20 for 10 deals instead of 10 for 20 deals on a two era split, with the eras inverted. i burned 10 forge points and made a freakin' killing! :D
i gave 20 limestone for 40 silk back times 10 deals, you do the maths*... :)
* bootnote: my "gifter" went inactive shortly after that. no guilt trip, they put the deal up, they lost.
Friends usually makes deals like these between themselves (friends can only make deals at the open market)... I have done it from time to time.
* bootnote2 : No wonder he quit, when you "stole" his offers! (boo...shame on you...*just kidding*) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3723

King Dael,

Lord Vortican I, His Most High Regency, asks why such a trade arrangement would be permitted, even if it were not restricted to "friends." After all, Forge Points donated to Great Buildings are restricted by those living in the same household. Why would friends trading with each other in this manner be restricted? After all, one can imagine two nobles in the same room asking each other to post contracts in the marketplace and then immediately signing them, thusly transferring goods between them.

Understand that His High Liege, Lord Vortican, has no problem at all with this behavior nor donating Forge Points to the Great Building of a member of one's household, but finds it curious that one activity would be permitted and the other restricted. His Mighty Consistency, Lord Vortican would prefer equal treatment of the rules in trade or preferably, remove all restrictions.