• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Leveling GBs outside your guild

panzer21

Private
In our guild we have one member that is leveling all his GBs outside our guild. He does not participate in our 1.9 or in the many swap threads we have. Is this OK or wrong or does it depend on the individual guild rules.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Why would this be wrong at all? If that is how he/she wants to play - what does that really matter to anyone?
If you feel he/she should be participating in .9x or swaps - than make it mandatory - otherwise, leave them alone to their own devices.
If this player does not see the advantage of the guild .9x/swap, then they may be losing out and paying more to level their own GBs. On the other hand, he/she may be participating in a lucrative deal outside of the guild. Why do you really think you should be in some kind of position to control how a fellow guildie decides how to level up their GBs?

panzer21

Private
I understand your replies. But why join one guild if you are not going to participate in building your Gbs there and helping the other guild members.

Emberguard

Legend
Events require being in a Guild to donate to treasury or do Guild Expedition

And there's still Guild Battlegrounds they may want to participate in.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I understand your replies. But why join one guild if you are not going to participate in building your Gbs there and helping the other guild members.
Some of us consider closed 1.9 threads an exploit and not working as intended with the Arc. On my GB's I use 1.9 as base and add 50fp's and it's free to contribute by all, friends or neighborhood. I also don't care the amount you put on it, your fps and your attempts for a spot. I just will not secure anything. I go even as far as I don't care if you feel the urge to flip the building, do it as I know how that feels. Double dip is great but my city is much greater than any double dip, way greater.

But your guild member may have a different reason of course.

Knight of ICE

Where in the game rules does it say that is mandatory when you join a Guild. Players are free to play however they like. Guilds can make rules, but that is up to them. If you have a problem with how he/she plays you have to take that up with your Guild.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
or in the many swap threads we have.

Swaps tend to benefit not many players in the guild other than the few willing to sit around and ensure they're either balanced or in profit from swap returns.

I rarely use guild 1.9s, primarily because I had an Arc fairly early on so there wasn't really that many guild 1.9s so I created my own group and used that for years and I required certain bps that where not readily available within the guild. Since then I might clear the 1.9 threads but I don't usually post my gbs.

Having said that I always tended to leave 5th place, drop the fp cost to cost without an Arc and post them in guild.

mariust5

Corporal
i have someone like that in my Guild , he was moaning that the Guild 1.9 was not busy enough so i added them to a non G 1.9 ... he's GB's are being taken quickly but he doesn't participate in the Guild 1.9 anymore , i'm contemplating kicking him as our own GB's get sniped while hes ignoring the Guild :(