• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Letting other players join my guild

• Thread starter DeletedUser117965
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hi again, right; sorry for just bandying the acronyms about, you'll get used to them lol. All of the aforementioned pitfalls are there so it's best to be aware before you set up shop. Never name another Player as Founder, it's simply not worth the risk. Naming one or more as Leader can make life easier if you're working shifts or on holiday/party weekend but you need to trust the candidate implicitly. As both Cusedveggie and shad23 have stated some of the worst instances there's no need for me to repeat their warnings. I've been quite lucky where Members' behaviour has been concerned and only needed to kick one person for being "shady".
Stealing Trades does have a knock on effect as all the Goods held by Members are available for Donation to Treasury as well as building GBs and Negotiating in GE.
Taking on Noobs means that you can guide and train them in good play and they will be keen to learn and invest. We all started with nothing and you can learn a lot about a Player in their early days.It's true that some people can be arses but that's simply something you will have to learn to recognize and cut it out before any harm is caused. Treat your Guild as you do your Real Life Friends; trust takes time and work but don't be afraid to go with your gut.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117965

Hi again, right; sorry for just bandying the acronyms about, you'll get used to them lol. All of the aforementioned pitfalls are there so it's best to be aware before you set up shop. Never name another Player as Founder, it's simply not worth the risk. Naming one or more as Leader can make life easier if you're working shifts or on holiday/party weekend but you need to trust the candidate implicitly. As both Cusedveggie and shad23 have stated some of the worst instances there's no need for me to repeat their warnings. I've been quite lucky where Members' behaviour has been concerned and only needed to kick one person for being "shady".
Stealing Trades does have a knock on effect as all the Goods held by Members are available for Donation to Treasury as well as building GBs and Negotiating in GE.
Taking on Noobs means that you can guide and train them in good play and they will be keen to learn and invest. We all started with nothing and you can learn a lot about a Player in their early days.It's true that some people can be arses but that's simply something you will have to learn to recognize and cut it out before any harm is caused. Treat your Guild as you do your Real Life Friends; trust takes time and work but don't be afraid to go with your gut.
Thanks a lot!:D you and all of the responses here really made me learn something new about the game, and also feel part of a community (since this is my first thread). Thanks:blush::D

DeletedUser

Very happy to be of help, I have the attitude that I compete against the Game not other Players. We should help each other to improve standards within the Game and there are some very good people amongst the Player Base who will do what they can to advise, assist and support their fellows.
I hope you make a go of your new Guild and wish you every success.