• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Last Update - Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Blacksmith,

Why is it that as soon as people start asking difficult questions you close the thread? I wanted to ask you if you thought I had been rude when I said that you had been 'bleating'? If you found that comment rude then I am sorry, but I would still like you to answer the points I raised. Namely:-

If the 1:10 NPC traders are ever going to change to make it fairer to trade with them. I have gone through the entire research tree and I will give an example now of the time it will take me to accumulate enough resources to get to the end thus far. Cloth. In total from my current position I will need 237 Cloth. Assuming that I dont have the raw deposits I can either trade 1:10 with a NPC or build a weaving mill. However the mill will only make 4 units every 24 hours. Simple maths will tell you that it will take me 60 consecutive days to get that amount. That is just one resource. The NPC route will make that figure at least twice as long.

Secondly the interface. I have been asking about this for 2 months. Is it going to be made more customisable and if so when? The default zoomed in position is ridiculous. The mechanics of moving around the screen are ridiculous. Why cant we have scroll bars??

Lastly, and this is something that I personally have not mentioned before, why did the devs not consider users of smart phones when they created this game. I would estimate that at least 50% of people on here have an iPhone, and yet we are not able to use it to play because of the Flash issue. A massive oversight. Is there any futre plan to create an app that could be used to harvest resources etc.?

Thanks

DeletedUser

If the 1:10 NPC traders are ever going to change to make it fairer to trade with them.

It seems to me that modifying the NPC traders should not be all that difficult.

Coding for "NPC traders" has been successfully done in a number of games.

The computer equivalent of the ol' 6-sided die-roll will give a price range of:

1-5
1-6
1-7
1-8
1-9
1-10

Plus, if the NPC trade offers would change some, on a daily basis, players might
find better things to do, than scream and rant... out of justified frustration
smiley_happymob.gif
smiley-signs146.gif
mob-smiley.gif

My NPC trade offers have not change at all, since I started playing.

I seem to recall that you, or another staff member, saying that the trade offers are
suppose to periodically change.

What is the time-frame... once a year :(

DeletedUser

If the 1:10 NPC traders are ever going to change to make it fairer to trade with them. I have gone through the entire research tree and I will give an example now of the time it will take me to accumulate enough resources to get to the end thus far. Cloth. In total from my current position I will need 237 Cloth. Assuming that I dont have the raw deposits I can either trade 1:10 with a NPC or build a weaving mill. However the mill will only make 4 units every 24 hours. Simple maths will tell you that it will take me 60 consecutive days to get that amount. That is just one resource. The NPC route will make that figure at least twice as long.

I answered this already, in the other thread, but I know how to copy-paste as well, so I will.

Sorry, but your logic is flawed here. First of all, you can produce up to 6 cloth per day from one weaving mill. Try building three or four weaving mills! Suddenly, you're producing 18-24 cloth per day, meaning (with simple math) that it will take 10-13 days to produce all the cloth you'll ever need.

DeletedUser

What's the point of discussing things if mods close / delete threads?

DeletedUser

Yes This is simply outrageous. If we as mods choose to close a thread, YOU DO NOT OPEN A NEW ONE.
The 10.0 version will not be discussed until it is fully released on all worlds.

if this is not respected a warning or infraction will be given.

DeletedUser276

Blacksmith,

Why is it that as soon as people start asking difficult questions you close the thread?

its not difficult questions its more the lack of respect and how everyones suddenly a customer service expert and feel they can insult me (on a personal basis) as well as the game even though they have made 0 effort to read through past posts in that exact same thread. Though I understand that when the thread gets bigger 100+ posts that its a paid to read it all.

[/quote] I wanted to ask you if you thought I had been rude when I said that you had been 'bleating'? If you found that comment rude then I am sorry[/quote]

Well bleating is the sound of a goat or sheep which people tend to use the word as annoying noise so yah it was a bit rude.

If the 1:10 NPC traders are ever going to change to make it fairer to trade with them.

Yes there is changes coming but not for a while. They wont keep the 1:10 ratio from what I heard and will be scale changed but if I went into that too much people will probably start demanding and saying the world is ending and how the customers never listened to so I just want to leave it at.... yes that definitely will change SOMETIME in the future.

I have gone through the entire research tree and I will give an example now of the time it will take me to accumulate enough resources to get to the end thus far. Cloth. In total from my current position I will need 237 Cloth. Assuming that I dont have the raw deposits I can either trade 1:10 with a NPC or build a weaving mill. However the mill will only make 4 units every 24 hours. Simple maths will tell you that it will take me 60 consecutive days to get that amount. That is just one resource. The NPC route will make that figure at least twice as long.

well when the change comes that will all be sorted out. Just dont expect to finish the game extremely fast. The games supposed to take time.

Secondly the interface. I have been asking about this for 2 months. Is it going to be made more customisable and if so when? The default zoomed in position is ridiculous. The mechanics of moving around the screen are ridiculous. Why cant we have scroll bars??

there is an idea put in on that and I know the devs are reviewing it but in light of the updates we still need thats not really a priority to the main part of gameplay but merely a minor inconvenience at this point.

Lastly, and this is something that I personally have not mentioned before, why did the devs not consider users of smart phones when they created this game. I would estimate that at least 50% of people on here have an iPhone, and yet we are not able to use it to play because of the Flash issue. A massive oversight. Is there any futre plan to create an app that could be used to harvest resources etc.?

thats more something that will be done at a later date once the game has neared completion. the same thing happened on Grepolis. they waited till the game got full release and updated or near update to 2.0 before they released the mobile version of it.

I know Mac's (iphones, ipads, iwhaevers) have issues with java and dont scroll well (my ipad doesnt and I refuse to get the addon for it) so they are inherently bad for it. But the devs should be able to do something to teh point on mobile release much much later on. Especially since this game you dont need to babysit like grepo and TW.

Status
Not open for further replies.