• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Larger Neighborhoods, Limited Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal

Make the neighborhoods much larger, but the limit the actions a player can make in a day.

Reason

Larger, more flexible neighborhoods would remove a lot of the imbalances that occur in the current system, things like getting stuck with a lot of guild members or being way behind the rest of the players in progression. It would encourage a lot more interaction in general, and add a new level of social strategy to the game.

Details

1. The new neighborhood size would be around 160 players, give or take. It wouldn't have to be exact, I think a range of 120-200 would be about right. There could be situations where they would have to go higher, but the more the better with this idea. Now that they are splitting up 'hoods this should be easily possible. There would be a good range of points/progression in each neighborhood, just like it is now.

2. Players would be limited to only 80 neighborhood actions (attacking or pol/mot) per day (Guilds/friends list would stay the same). The action counter would reset at midnight server time, refilling to 80 no matter how many actions were used the previous day. There would still be a 24 hour cooldown on each player you interact with.

3.Players would be able to attack anyone they want, but could only plunder towns that are within 2 ages above or below them. So a Progressive era city could only plunder as low as a Colonial age city. If you attack lower than that, you would get the battle points but give up any option to plunder.

Summary

Although there may currently be restrictions that prevent this from happening, I hope it can be considered as a long term goal for the game. This is just the basic idea, I will add to it as people give feedback.

Thanks for looking :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

It was almost a year ago, when I suggested something very similar. It didn't include bigger hoods or so many actions and the extra stuff, but the idea was limiting the number of attacks you can make per day to a smaller fixed number, number lot smaller than minimum amount of players that can be in a hood. So that hood sizes would have less effect, but how advanced targets you choose to attack would matter. And lower players would get picked on less. So I think the main point behind it was the same. It was a very very unpopular suggestion back then. But the game and attitudes have changed, so maybe it would be worth a look nowadays.

DeletedUser

Yeah I think I remember that one, hopefully the larger pool of people to choose from will change peoples minds on it. Ideas like this have definitely been floated around before, I'm just putting it here so hopefully it can get some traction. It seems the complaints on neighborhoods never end, I think this may be the solution.

DeletedUser

I suggested something along similar (but slightly different) lines - that you could attack as many people as you want but only the player's top 50 (an arbitrary number) battles (with the highest score) are used in each era's PvP rankings each week. This will encourage players to pick fights that give the most points and leave lower ranked players alone.

The problem with limiting the number of actions a player can have is that it limits one revenue stream (healing units) that FoE has.

DeletedUser1983

My +1 but the idea won't be implemented in 100 years. Anything that chokes on FoE revenues will not see the light of the day.

DeletedUser

I don't see how it limits the revenue stream, we are already limited to 80 interactions per day. With this idea there's just more people to choose from when attacking. That means better fights/more damage/more healing...

DeletedUser

I don't see how it limits the revenue stream, we are already limited to 80 interactions per day. With this idea there's just more people to choose from when attacking. That means better fights/more damage/more healing...

No, we are (currently) limited to:
  • One attack or motivate/polish per member of the neighbourhood (my neighbourhood is currently 85 people);
  • One motivate/polish per guild member (up to 79 other people); and
  • One motivate/polish per friend (up to 129 other people).
That gives a total of (assuming an average of 79 other people in a neighbourhood) 287 actions.

Limiting that to 80 actions is a reduction of over a third and would force players to choose between motivating/polishing their guild or fighting.

DeletedUser13805

i would always support anything that would help the weaker player to grow in this game, its not a bad idea, i like the idea of not being able to plunder 2 ages apart that gets a thumbs up from me

DeletedUser276

Proposal

Make the neighborhoods much larger, but the limit the actions a player can make in a day.

unfortunately larger neighborhoods are not possible. This is restricted by the server and to ensure things run smoothly.

DeletedUser

No, we are (currently) limited to:
  • One attack or motivate/polish per member of the neighbourhood (my neighbourhood is currently 85 people);
  • One motivate/polish per guild member (up to 79 other people); and
  • One motivate/polish per friend (up to 129 other people).
That gives a total of (assuming an average of 79 other people in a neighbourhood) 287 actions.

Limiting that to 80 actions is a reduction of over a third and would force players to choose between motivating/polishing their guild or fighting.

This idea has nothing to do with guilds or friends lists, I've edited it to make it more clear.

unfortunately larger neighborhoods are not possible. This is restricted by the server and to ensure things run smoothly.

See summary. You once said they'd never consider splitting up the neighborhoods too...

DeletedUser276

ok then how about this... idea disregarded. thread closed. the game was meant to be hard. Not made easier by increasing hood sizes to placate people who are complaining that they have no one to attack. Since this is a make it easier thread and against the idea set up I will now close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.