• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Knowing when your friends/guild mates are on

Would it be possible to put in place some way of knowing when your friends/guild mates are playing,
maybe just something simple like a tick against their name when they log on
this would make things easier when engaging in GVG and also when you need urgent trades/pol/mot

DeletedUser

Below is an idea of how it could be implemented:

Online status Showing no names.png

DeletedUser

+1 and nice one hippo :)

edit: maybe also red mark when have been offline over 7 days - nice expecially for friend lists

DeletedUser7719

It'd be nice if there was a template included with this idea ;)

@m1k1: I'm not saying I don't like the idea (in the edit), but maybe there's a reason a normal guild member (compared to a leader or founder) can't see the red dot on others, so I don't think this will be implemented with it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98465

I actually don't like the idea (to a degree). Well not unless the option is there to not show online. There are times I want to play and be left to my own devices, peace and quiet, long day at work and all that.

I would much prefer that "online friends" are kept separate from "online game players" ie. as I suggested previously in a thread already suggesting this, tie this back to their associated email so you have a choice over who you want to chat to. You need to be clear what you define as friends. Those that appear on your bar are classed as friends at present, but for the most part they are there in the majority for purely game related purposes (mot/pol/GB donations etc)

joesoap

Major-General
I also don't like the idea, on my days off I tend to log on & just come back to the PC when I need to do collects so if it shows I'm online & some1 sends me a message that I don't answer it could look like I'm just being rude or ignoring that player & as a guild founder I would hate any of my members to think that

DeletedUser7719

Of course, there would probably be an invisible mode added with this ;)

DeletedUser2989

I like the idea and as people have added it'd need more than just "online/offline", but you could easily follow a similar setup to several chat messaging systems. Online (green), Offline (red), Away (blue), Invisible, All that kind of stuff so you can send exactly the right kind of message to guild members. I doubt people want to advertise this kind of info in the NH so probably wouldn't implement it for that part but guild/friends list would benefit I'd think.

DeletedUser96867

If it showed when your friends are online this could become a risk for pvp. If you have friends in guilds which are adjacent to you on the gvg map, the ability to know when you are online/not online could become a huge advantage in gvg. When you think of a guild playing in several ages of gvg with several different guilds adjacent in each age i'd hate to think of how many friends might have to be removed from friendlists to prevent other guilds from gaining intel.

So for me:
-1 for the friends list

And as someone said above some players just log in and stay logged in all day even when they aren't on their computers so i don't see that there is a great deal of benefit of this feature.

DeletedUser

Please could the original poster edit their idea so that it is in the correct format for the Ideas section, as per this stickied thread - it makes ideas so much easier to consider. I should have asked this earlier....

DeletedUser15432

Originally read through and did not ken the idea, however, after reading through again, I quite like the idea but it needs some modifications

Option to show as invisible
Only show online when on that particular server, some people have several cities and they might be online but on another server