• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

It's Pants

DeletedUser

A certain forum member has used that expression many times. Those of us who did not live in the UK 20 years ago may not know what it means so I decided to ask Mr Google:

It has been an all-purpose term of disapproval among young people in the UK during the middle to late nineties. It first turned up in print in 1994, in pieces that indicate it was popularised by DJs on the BBC’s radio pop channel, Radio 1, most probably by Simon Mayo, though the finger is often pointed at Zoë Ball. By a year or so later, it was very much in vogue among teenagers. In the way of such things, by the time older people picked it up and started using it, it was already a bit passé; its recent very public exposure has almost certainly put paid to its popularity among its younger users.

If you google part of that quote you will undoubtedly find out more about 'pants' than you ever wanted to know.

DeletedUser4906

Whatever forum member instigated "It's Pants!" is so obviously cultured, refined & a real renaissance man, a leader of men, an expert orator, someone who must enrich the lives of those lucky enough to know him, i'd be thankful to even chat with such a real citizen of immense knowledge & character, i'd feel humbled at such a lucky experience. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: