• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is trading really required ?

DeletedUser2646

Might seem a silly question to the experianced players, im a newbie having only been playing for the past 4 days. I have just reached iron age and i can see that i have a lumber mill and marble, but these are very time consuming and pretty pointless at where iam at just now. I seem to be putting all my resources into bigger houses and military units, also space is all used up. Please advise me as to wither i need to start building uip supplies of lumber,stone,marble ie for later stages in the game ? Thanks again people

DeletedUser

Well, your tech tree has techs all throughout it that require goods. The Iron Age tech tree will have requirements of you using lumber, marble, stone, wine, and dye to be able to complete those techs. On your world map, you will conquer certain sectors that will give you bonuses for certain goods, this makes it to where you can make 5 goods per 4 hours, and up instead of 1.

Hopefully you have active neighbors, because there is a trade system ingame for you, and your 79 neighbors to trade your goods back, and forth to help one another to achieve the techs they need.

I hope this helps, and here is a guide I think you will really like: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?1551-Draft-Guide-for-beginners

Good luck bud, and thanks for playing FoE.

DeletedUser2646

Thanks herluth for the help, i've started to acquire goods now, but at a slow rate ! it's a balance between military,supplies and houses. I have tried to trade but no one ever seems to be on or trading. I look at the names that run along the bottom of the screen and take it thats my neighbours ? im ranked number 1 amongst them so i dont know if they are at the same level as me ??? Another thing How do i aquire high points on the pvp tournaments ? i have fought 6 and won 6 yet another player has fought 6 and has over 1000 points more than me ? why is this so ? Thanks again.

DeletedUser1081

yes, those are you neighbours you see in the "social interaction bar" at the bottom of the screen, and at this point those are the only players you can trade with. that will change sometime relatively soon, but no one's sure when.

the points you get in the PVP tournaments depend on the opposing armies you meet/defeat. especially in the early stages, defeating the armies on the continental map will usually get you more points than battlling neighbours will. maybe that's what that other player's been up to. why don't you contact him/her to find out if s/he's interested in trading?

enjoy the game. it's slow-moving sometimes, but ... when you get into the rhythm of it, you can enjoy that too.

DeletedUser1979

yu, and it gets very interestiong when u finish around 5 quests, conquer a couple (or one at least) of fullnprovinces, and research a new technology AND start to build it all within the same hour. its quite interesting, possible, im serious , and points shoot up too:)

DeletedUser

yu, and it gets very interestiong when u finish around 5 quests, conquer a couple (or one at least) of fullnprovinces, and research a new technology AND start to build it all within the same hour. its quite interesting, possible, im serious , and points shoot up too:)

Lol true, but do not get used to that, eventually as you progress, things take more, and more time. Also to the OP, like Mink said, you should really message the guys you see progressing, like the one ahead of you in the Tower, I am sure he is trading something, especially since it seems he is attacking provinces a lot by the sounds of his points. Good luck man, and once you get going, the game becomes more, and more interesting. My favorite part is having to puzzle piece my city together every 3-4 days so I can fit more buildings into it, lol.

DeletedUser

Also if your neighbours aren't into trading (like mine) you can attack them and steal goods from one of their buildings if it is done producing. I've gotten about 75% of the way through the early middle age doing this. I've managed to make a handful of trades but mostly I just steal what I need XD