• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is there a plan to more meaningful PvP in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Are there any plans to have the ability to attack inter-neighborhood and have at least one of the following options:

1. Kill the defense army
2. Steal resources (not the ones in production)
3. Cause damage the town (in terms of damaging/destroying buildings that will require repairs)
4. Temporarily taking over towns (eg. all production will go to you, player will be unable to do anything)
5. Begin a siege on an enemy that has to be broken, reducing all production/happiness by 50%+

Are there any plans to have PvP that is meaningful enough to warrant playing this game to be a military superpower and not just a single player campaign or traders?

DeletedUser1081

the hints we've been given make it sound like the possibility of killing the defense army may be part of the picture if a player takes charge of his/her own defense.

the rest of your points sound like you're looking for a different game than this one. overpowering other players isn't the aim of FoE.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4538

the hints we've been given make it sound like the possibility of killing the defense army may be part of the picture if a player takes charge of his/her own defense.

the rest of your points sound like you're looking for a different game than this one. overpowering other players isn't the aim of FoE.

From what I understand this is a very bad marketing scheme for yourself and your company, It is a known fact that people online wish to have great PVP within their games, not rubbish PVP that doesn't make a difference to the game at all, What would be the point in destroying peoples defence every 24h when it takes them just 8 hours maxiumum to rebuild it, Not to mention all you can do is plunder very little amounts of gold or supples.

Why not make it as stated above, where people will purchase more diamonds to increase their chances of destroying their enemies. This is not the game i am looking for either if it does not have any sense of PVP... unfortunately, as the game had a lot of potenetial.

DeletedUser4538

Not to mention with the aim of your game, their is no point in progression, As you are never going to be in a better or worse position than those around you / are able to make a effect on those around you..

DeletedUser1081

... er ... it's not my company and not my concept - i'm just a player like everyone else, except that i volunteered to help moderate the forums.

not everyone likes every game. many of the people who like this one would very likely not like the game you seem to have in mind, which is why we're playing this one and not Tribal Warps, Grepolis, etc.

thanks for sharing, though! :cool:

DeletedUser4538

This game just seems like a less popular version of farmville, is that what you are aiming for? If so, I think you may wish to integrate it in with facebook... It won't progress into one of the games of the year without a goal or aim you can aim for.

DeletedUser4540

Wish I had seen the required forge points to research new techs in the next Ages. Almost 11 days to research whole of Iron Age, unless you have diamonds or buy forge points, which are not very cheap. Basically this game requires real money or A LOT of farming.
The amount of time/money to be spent would be worthwhile if there was a proper PvP system. Also the expansions make it clear there will be no conquering of other cities in this game.

DeletedUser

Are you serious. I kept playing this game with the hope you guys would spice up the pvp/gvg aspect because it's simply terrible at the moment.
No fun factors at all after the beginners phase, just grinding your houses/blacksmiths till you drop dead doesnt do it for me.

DeletedUser

This is the start of beta, what is in the future of this game is still in the works. Perhaps something near this will be added, and perhaps not. I do want to add to what Mink said though. Along with the eventual manual defense of your city, there is something going on about attacking people in the world, not just your neighbors. This was mentioned about 4, or 5 updates back, and when, and what will happen with it is still a mystery.

This game is a empire building game, with a hint of friendship, and cooperation, and a small part of the game is PVP, I heard that more will be built into the PVP aspect of the game, but with it being so early in beta, we may not see a lot of it for awhile.

DeletedUser4538

This is the start of beta, what is in the future of this game is still in the works. Perhaps something near this will be added, and perhaps not. I do want to add to what Mink said though. Along with the eventual manual defense of your city, there is something going on about attacking people in the world, not just your neighbors. This was mentioned about 4, or 5 updates back, and when, and what will happen with it is still a mystery.

This game is a empire building empire, with a hint of friendship, and cooperation, and a small part of the game is PVP, I heard that more will be built into the PVP aspect of the game, but with it being so early in beta, we may not see a lot of it for awhile.

So you are not going to give us a insight into the plans of the game? Basically, you guys are creating the game as you think it up? You need a solid idea on how you want it to look like in the future, and we aren't seeing that.. Without PVP this game is just one of those facebook like games where you get spammed invites so some idiot can get a kangaroo for his zoo or something, its not what I am after, its not what a lot of people are after as their is no progression past the initial stage.

DeletedUser

I do not have specifics on what the game has in it's future. I am a player like you, and the only ones to know what actually is coming, is the developers of the game.

There are tons of players that love how the game is, and what the goal of it is, if a game were to focus on what every person in the world wanted in a game, it would fail. Innogames has plenty of other games that sound like what you may be looking for, check them out through the main InnoGames site.

This game is not for everyone, I can not stand playing games that you have to grow monsters, and battle them, so I do not play them.

When this game is out of beta, I am positive it will be a well balanced game, and all I can say is Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thanks for playing Forge of Empires, and I hope if you do happen to leave the game that you will come back in a couple months to see where the game has progressed to then.

DeletedUser4562

After playing this game to Iron age i essentially realized i was playing something not far off farm ville. Initially i was drawn in by the battle system, i was okay with the fact that when defending the computer takes control. But when i realised any units you kill have no effect... And you can only attack someone every 24 hours, and the only benefit is you steal one of their completed productions. This makes pvp worthless, if you lose a single unit you are pretty much losing money from pvp.

If you want to play sim city, thats fine. But i played this game expecting a better sense of accomplishment from pvp. Sadly after reading the responses, i will probably no longer continue playing after realizing that the pvp doesnt become more meaningful later...

DeletedUser

Farmville, that's exactly what this game is! I share in the views posted here. After playing through to Early Middle Age it has become apparent that there is nothing challenging around the corner. Just endless hours of the same click and spend, click and spend. What little battle there is within this game is pointless aside from the "challenge" of killing AI controlled defenders that never even actually die.

Also I have read frequently that this is a game about "Empire Building"... however there is no empire to build, just one town or city. You never move on to more than one city and there is never any true foe to battle. Aside from having a forum to chat with other players this game is like playing golf. Oh sure there may be other golfers around you, but at the end of the day you are still only playing yourself.

This game should have been released as a Sim, not a PVP game.

DeletedUser

As the replies in this thread seem to be going in circles and circles, and the OP has been answered, I'm closing this thread.
Thank you all for your contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.