• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is ME Great Tree of Love brokenly powerful?

Surge

Brigadier-General
Okay, I recently finished the whole Jack and Rose quest line (which I personally did not enjoy at all) and got my Great Tree of Love. There I noticed something odd: the Modern Era version of this decoration is more powerful in terms of happiness per square than the Roller Derby Track. So, let's compare values.

Jet Statue: (433h)/(6sq) = 72.1667 h/sq (decoration)
Roller Track: (1830h)/(20sq) = 91.5 h/sq (cultural, requires road)
ME GTL: (740h)/(6sq) = 123.333 h/sq (decoration)

So the Modern Era Tree of Love is a decoration that is more powerful than the roller derby track, which needs a singular lane to be connected. Yes, that's right, a decoration is more powerful than the single lane cultural building of its same age.

What seems to be more concerning is that the Drive-In Theatre requires a double laner to work and it only gives 116.667 h/sq! The tree is stronger than something that needs a doubler! This seems preposterous! I know this is supposed to be sort of an event special which is a "one time only" and if you kept the blasted tree for an entire year in your city, but usually these kinds of things are just hovering around the premium values, not be a blatant power sponge. The Reindeer Paddock and Large Confectionery of the Progressive Era have s/sq values around the Deli Shop. This thing is a decoration that completely crushes the cultural building values!

Maybe this was intentional by some chance? I personally think this is just too powerful.

DeletedUser4089

I think if you could buy 10 or 50 of them, yes, they may be overpowered.

But one GToL isn't going to have that big an effect in a ME town, I think. It's a very nice boost, but it's not going to cover all your happiness requirements to the point that Cultural Buildings become useless. So, in my opinion, not overpowered.

DeletedUser16026

Another thing to note is that in order to earn the Great Tree of Love you'd need to keep a Tree of Love till this point, and unless you obtained one during the Winter and Summer Events (although I do not remember if the Tree of Love was a possible reward for either?) it means you would have kept one for a year. Thus the bonus you mention sounds just fine to me for a rare item like that.

DeletedUser7719

As long as it's not stronger than a premium buildings, it's not overpowered ;) (I'm actually a bit serious when I say this)
Btw, it actually could of taken 2 months if you consider earning the ToL from the Winter Event ;)

DeletedUser

it would require a lot of polishing if you had a bunch of them

DeletedUser5180

Players wouldn't bother with the event if the reward wasn't better than a regular item in the building menu

DeletedUser97048

A disappointing aspect of the GToL is its the same size as the regular ToL despite the word "Great" conferred on it. I'm referring to the size of the tree and not the land plot. I would thrilled if it's much taller and bigger; like the Na'vi Hometree.

DeletedUser7719

It is taller... when I see and normal tree of love now, it almost looks like a pink shrub :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

I have one of each (on different worlds), I'll report back with images so we can compare side by side :)

Edit: Back with images.

Tree of Love

Great Tree of Love

GToL with a ToL overlayed, I lined the bases up, as felt that showed better than lining up the foliage.

All pictures can be clicked to open full size in a new tab. And yes that is a star on my ToL from some lovely person polishing it for me :D

Last edited by a moderator: