• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Irritating bug

DeletedUser

Once I have scrolled through all my cities and have done what I wanted to do I like to go back and make sure all is secure. Unfortunately I can't as I get server errors, timeouts and an irritating screen that informs me that there is already an instance of FOE running on my computer - no Sherlock I am logged in. The only way of circumventing this issue is to shut the search engine down, reopen it and log on again - what a pain. Also cannot respond to invites to join clans.

Please fix this problem. Once I am logged in I want to be able to scroll to and fro from one city to the next and back again until I log out.

Thanks

KUBU2407

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This bug is not reported in the correct format (there is a template with specific information that the devs need before they can try understand and work on your bug), so will likely not get any helpful response. That said, check if it is anything like this recent bug report of mine, and test if using Chrome fixes your issues? I was also getting that "duplicate logon/instance of FoE on this computer" error message as part of that problem, when using Internet Explorer 11.

DeletedUser

Hello Kubu2407 and welcome to the Forums.

As David said, there's a specific format when posting a bug report :

• World:
  • Browser and Version:
  • Overview of the bug:
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:
  • Urgency:
  • Preventative Actions
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:

Please allow me to drop a few tips to get the best of your report / post and generate good views, replies and interest from all (this might be useful for other people too) :

- Referring to the Sticky note on how to use the Bug Report section of the forum and follow the instructions to see if you first can fix your issue yourself : here

- Checking if the same bug has already been posted by someone else, or looking for similar threads as the information you'll find may solve your problem or tell you whether people are already looking for a solution. For example, I found countless threads (duplicates) about internal server errors already... I also found a thread about another instance of FoE already running (it's here)

- When creating a bug post, use a relevant, clear and consise (consise? no concise :o) title so that people get an idea of what the bug is about, preferably stating the nature of the problem, so that people are more drawn to read and reply if they have the solution or if they are in the same case.

- When looking for information in the Forum, using the Search box and options to help you find corresponding threads, this includes picking straightforward and relevant keywords.

Hope this helps you get an answer to your issues and get the most of the cool FoE community.

Good luck :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
Hi Kubu2407,

Regarding the problem you are having with responding to guild/clan invites, this is an issue that currently seems to be affecting quite a number of players. Please try the following, which has resolved this problem for some players

1) Go to your 'Settings' menu in-game (2 small cogs at the bottom left of your city screen) and in the 'Settings' tab, turn off Smoke Animations.

2) Log out and back in again.

It would be immensely helpful to us if you could let us know, either in this thread or via an in-game ticket whether after following the above steps you are able to view your guild invites. If this solution does not work for you, please do also let us know by submitting a ticket.

Amy Steele

General
No further replies from the player and the guild invite issue was fixed in changelog 1.22, so archiving this thread.