• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Iron Age and Guild Expedition level 4

Ati2

Legend
Hi guys,

I have a question about Guild Expedition level 4 in the Iron Age.

I can finish the last level without any problems using negotiations, but it costs so much, I'll soon run out of goods. Generating this many goods each week seems impossible. (I have 3 goods-producing GB-s, and 5 workshops from the current age, plus 5 from the last age. This should be enough--however, I'm having a hard time exchanging goods on the market.)

I was thinking of switching tactics and trying GE with brute force. Question: is this possible in the iron age? (I'm not planning to advance to another age in the near future.) I have +30% from Zeus GB, I have +30% from the tavern boost. This was not enough for the very last battle. I could add another 30% GB, maybe even a third one, but only if it'll definitely work... Would that be enough to succeed even in the last battle of level 4? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Ati2

DeletedUser107476

Do you mean that finishing the Guild Expedition using the army is not possible in the Iron Age?
You need really high boosts no matter what the era to complete level 4 GE with troops. Your OP is not informative enough though. Do you complete the other levels with troops or negotiate?

Ati2

Legend
You need really high boosts no matter what the era to complete level 4 GE with troops. Your OP is not informative enough though. Do you complete the other levels with troops or negotiate?

So far I've completed all levels with negotiation. If I can finish level 4 with troops, then I can switch to that for the first three, too. Although, it's just the last level that's eating all the goods.

How high of a boost are we talking about? I could go up to 90% with GBs. Would that still be too low and not worth it?

DeletedUser109096

All you need is to get Alcatraz and rogue hideout...and fight 1+7

Greywolf

Sergeant
Hi guys,

I have a question about Guild Expedition level 4 in the Iron Age.

I can finish the last level without any problems using negotiations, but it costs so much, I'll soon run out of goods. Generating this many goods each week seems impossible. (I have 3 goods-producing GB-s, and 5 workshops from the current age, plus 5 from the last age. This should be enough--however, I'm having a hard time exchanging goods on the market.)

I was thinking of switching tactics and trying GE with brute force. Question: is this possible in the iron age? (I'm not planning to advance to another age in the near future.) I have +30% from Zeus GB, I have +30% from the tavern boost. This was not enough for the very last battle. I could add another 30% GB, maybe even a third one, but only if it'll definitely work... Would that be enough to succeed even in the last battle of level 4? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Ati2
It's definately possible to finish 4th level GE in the Iron Age by fighting. On Houndsmoor I fight myself through the GE every week with Iron Age troops. My attack bonus there is 100% and I don't use/need a tavern boost, so it should be possible to do with a lower bonus combined with a tavern boost.

Ati2

Legend
It's definately possible to finish 4th level GE in the Iron Age by fighting. On Houndsmoor I fight myself through the GE every week with Iron Age troops. My attack bonus there is 100% and I don't use/need a tavern boost, so it should be possible to do with a lower bonus combined with a tavern boost.

This is very reassuring to hear, thank you. :) Do you use rouges or just the normal units?

Greywolf

Sergeant
Most fights I use 1 heavy/light/fast with 7 rogues. In the last part of the 4th level there are a few battles I use 6 ballistas with 2 rogues to counter armies with 4 ballistas with other troops.

It will be extremely hard to battle through the 4th level without rogues. Simply because without rogues you will lose to many troops in the 1st wave to be able to defeat the 2nd wave. So getting a rogue hideout with Alcatraz (to make sure you never run out of rogues) should be a priority.

Ati2

Legend
Most fights I use 1 heavy/light/fast with 7 rogues. In the last part of the 4th level there are a few battles I use 6 ballistas with 2 rogues to counter armies with 4 ballistas with other troops.

It will be extremely hard to battle through the 4th level without rogues. Simply because without rogues you will lose to many troops in the 1st wave to be able to defeat the 2nd wave. So getting a rogue hideout with Alcatraz (to make sure you never run out of rogues) should be a priority.

Thank you for the tips. I might be able to get a rouge hideout during the current event, which should put things on the right track.