• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: iOS Lag Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mBillYl

Private
Certain options such as checking inventory, selecting items to trade with the antiques dealer are incredibly slow or unresponsive. Started with the current event failing to load initially and seemingly getting worse. So frustrating! Internet speeds are fine and no issues with any other application

Certain options such as checking inventory, selecting items to trade with the antiques dealer are incredibly slow or unresponsive. Started with the current event failing to load initially and seemingly getting worse. So frustrating! Internet speeds are fine and no issues with any other application

I agree that it all started with this event. I only play on iPad and have experienced everything you mention, so is it just an iOS issue. My thoughts are, was it tested against all platforms? If not, why not.

Yup same here, basically unplayable at the moment. In gbg the fights are taking an age and sometimes doesn't come up with the win screen so you have to select the sector again.
The inventory bug, you open it and scroll down to the next line and it scrolls on its own all the way down if you let it.
Also when I just restarted the game the notification on the quests was see through for around 5 seconds.

Attachments

• IMG_7256.jpeg
    IMG_7256.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 45
Also this keeps happening too. When it happens I can't close any of the windows so have to restart the game.

Attachments

• IMG_7255.jpeg
    IMG_7255.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 45

Deleted member 127677

People are up in arms, the event is unplayable, Gbg lags, inventory is invisible, even logging on, the city screen freezes. Been reported for days, last official comment was it couldn’t been reproduced, now there is supposedly a hotfix that has so far failed to appear but should come with an upgrade. Are we to wait a week until it reaches the app stores? Fix!

Knight of ICE

The issue with the mobile app was hotfixed, however some iOS players still are experiencing some issues. We have a new version which resolves this which we are trying to get approved by the app store as soon as possible. In the mean time, the following steps should help (we appreciate this is fiddly!):

• re-install the app fully
  • log-in and download all the assets
  • login once more then wait 10 seconds
  • logout & login again
  • wait 10 seconds and then open the event
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-event-2023-feedback-thread.46335/post-464481

mBillYl

Private
The issue with the mobile app was hotfixed, however some iOS players still are experiencing some issues. We have a new version which resolves this which we are trying to get approved by the app store as soon as possible. In the mean time, the following steps should help (we appreciate this is fiddly!):

• re-install the app fully
  • log-in and download all the assets
  • login once more then wait 10 seconds
  • logout & login again
  • wait 10 seconds and then open the event
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-event-2023-feedback-thread.46335/post-464481
Certainly improved the experience, thank you

Deleted member 127677

This has fixed some issues but some have returned with collection, e.g. game freezes, graphics are missing, I have just tried to scroll through inventory to sell things in AD and the list freezes mid way through. I’ve done that 4 times now and the last time while I was taking a screenshot of it, it sent me to the event window.

Deleted member 127677

Gbg lag is back now too, with the problem cycling quests also returning.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
The patched version has now been approved by the app store. Please visit the app store and download and install the update to version 1.263.21.
If you are already running this version, please uninstall the app and all its data from your device, restart your device and then reinstall the app.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
For those badly affected who could not play the event, and have not already sent us a ticket, please do so to receive a little gift to thank you for your perseverance while we resolved this. We are experiencing a high ticket volume so do bear with us while we plough through them :)

Last edited:

Kotemendo

Private
All the way to social threads not getting updated. Srsly. GbG sectors getting locked at the wrong time because of this. Perhaps consider updating thing in between GE, GBG and GvG. Hasn’t anyone thought of that yet ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.