• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Inventory residential building built over existing one

• Thread starter DeletedUser111532
  • Start date

DeletedUser111532

Hello!
First, the template:
  • World: Noarsil ( en13 )
  • Browser and Version: Latest Chrome (Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit))
  • Overview of the bug: Placing a residential building from inventory over an existing residential building results in the existing residential building being replaced/lost.
  • Screenshots: Cannot, for obvious reasons.
  • How often this occurs: Have not tried to reproduce, for obvious reasons -- presumably, when placing an identically sized building from inventory over an existing one of the same type (in this case, residential)?
  • Urgency: Not urgent as it is probably scarce to happen.
  • Preventative Actions: Don't place inventory buildings over existing ones
  • Summary: After completing research and moving to Late Middle Ages, I decided to purchase the "Building Pack". The transaction went smoothly, and resulting in me having several new buildings in my inventory. I decided to place the "Premium Residential Building" (in this case, a Manor) in the position occupied by a Town House (due to habit from when moving around buildings in browser, where you can place one building and swap out the one under it). Instead of being rejected (as it happens when building buildings) or swapping out (ie giving me the Town House under the cursor to place elsewhere), the Manor was placed "on top" of the Town House. It started constructing (20 sec countdown) and the Town House is nowhere to be found (presumably deleted or replaced as Paths do when applying a newer path over them).
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:Yes.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: Yes (however I don't see how they apply).
I have logged in from browser in multiple computers, and iOS -- however I see the newer building only (the Manor) with no sign of the previous building (the Town House).

DeletedUser111589

Its possible to build better houses over existing ones. I've been doing that since iron age.

Build clapboard house (EMA) and try to build town house (HMA) house over it and it will be possible.

Edit: doing so saves space and easier town rearrangement after moving up an age/unlocking house with more population

DeletedUser111532

apparently this is a "feature" I did not know about - eh well, case closed then!

DeletedUser104881

As long as you have sufficient population in your city you can indeed build a lower age lesser population house over a higher age higher population building, even though it is not the logical choice.