• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

information about auto defence please

DeletedUser

hi everyone hope your having a great new year.
my question is about auto defence im currently being farmed by a player who hits me every morning, at first i did not think anything was wrong as i was farming reasources and had no troops, but as i started to rebuild troops i noticed my army had to wait until every one of there units had taken there turn first:(
is this normall and if it is how are you supposed to defend, it would be impossible to win even if i had the best troops possible due to simple mathmatics, an army of 8 catapults would kill 4 of my army only leaving me with a chance of killing 2 of there army and so on.

DeletedUser

Hey, a good new year to you as well!

All units have a set movement speed. Cavalry always moves first, artillery always moves last. The rest depend on the unit, and there also seems a bit of random be involved. Generally a heavy infantry unit like a grenadier has it's kinda late, but sometimes they have their turn pretty fast even before some of my musketeers. Can't say what triggers that.

As for your question, the defending army generally has their turn a bit slower then the attacking army. So yes, the attacking army generally has an advantage. The best solution to this is putting up a defensive army that even though it will lose to a determined attacker, it will still always take some units of the attacking army down. In my opinion an army of ranged units backed up with a few artillery & cavalry is the best way to go.

It's pretty hard to win as a defender, but you can try to scare most attackers of :-)

DeletedUser

As Illyria says all units have a movement value - you can see this in the battle by hovering the mouse over a unit's portrait to bring the tooltip with it's statistics up or find a guide on the forums (eg. click here).

The units act in order of highest movement to lowest.

If multiple units have the same movement then the order they act is determined by:
  • Each player takes it in turn to act with the attacker going first then the defender and then back to the attacker and so on...
  • However, if one player has more equal movement troops than the other then their extra troops act first until both players have the same number of troops left to act and then they act by the sequence above.
  • For example: Attacker has 3 Musketeers and Defender has 3 Musketeers and 3 Grenadiers (all having the same movement, 12) then the computer will order them (so, for example, the defender's might be ordered M,G,G,M,M,G) and then because the defender has 6 units and the attacker has 3 then the first 3 of the defender's goes first (so they have the same number of units left to act) then it goes in sequence (giving the result: defender's Musketeer, defender's Grenadier, def. G, att. M, def. M, att. M, def. M, att. M, def. G).

DeletedUser

thanks for the reply but im still a little confused why would the game developers make attacking so easy and def so hard i watched the attack today and he had 8 cats which all had there go first killing half my army before i could even move surely it would be better to make the movment random or even, as an army of 8 cats would win against anything and a team of players using this attack could stop a player from receiving reasources

DeletedUser

Catapults have movement 6, the lowest of all the units (tied with most other long-range units) so will go last. If you review the battle then you'll probably find that the defending troops all moved first, but not far enough to reach the attackers, and then the catapults all attacked.

If the catapults definitely went first then file a support ticket (right click in-game) as a bug.

DeletedUser3157

thanks for the reply but im still a little confused why would the game developers make attacking so easy and def so hard i watched the attack today and he had 8 cats which all had there go first killing half my army before i could even move surely it would be better to make the movment random or even, as an army of 8 cats would win against anything and a team of players using this attack could stop a player from receiving reasources

His 8 cats didn't all move before you. Watch the replay again, it went exactly like Martynius said. You started the fight unless you had 8 long range in defense yourself. In which case he took the first shot and it went 1 by 1 from there. If you had anything else in defense then your troops moved first(however poorly AI decided to move them, they did move first).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If I had a neighbor attacking me with 8 catapults each day, I would try 8 mounted archers on defense. They are pretty useless for anything else but if you could take out 4 or more of his catapults each attack he may give you a miss. Catapults take a long time to rebuild.

Disclaimer, I haven't tried it but I would expect the mounted archers to go first and take out 2 to 4 of his catapults before he even has a chance to surrender. He won't like that.

DeletedUser

Disclaimer, I haven't tried it but I would expect the mounted archers to go first and take out 2 to 4 of his catapults before he even has a chance to surrender. He won't like that.

It depends on the terrain. Mounted archers will always go before catapults, and have enough movement/range to attack the other side on the first turn, as long as there aren't a ton of mountains/swamps in the way.

For a long time I kept 4 mounted archers / 4 ballistas on defense and they took a big enough bite out of attackers that I was pretty much left alone in my neighborhood.

You don't really have to win fights, just make it so that it costs more units for someone to attack you than they're willing to pay.

DeletedUser

Mounted archers and ballistas are useless against CA units... As long as you have 1 grenadier in your army everything will attack him and leave your "catapults" alone.