• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Indicator of preference for Polish or Motivation

MarcelMerk

Private
A lot of people (within your Guild or in your neighborhood) indicate on their profile or city name if they want you to be polished, motivate houses or motivate supplies. Would it be possible that on your own profile you can get a tickbox were you can set the preference on what you want a visitor to do. Then when you visit them a indicator on the action menu can tell you what they prefer.

Marcel

DeletedUser

I think byeordie's comments are out of place. This is a completely separate idea. The previous one would allow players to force their preference for motivation or polishing on other players. This idea would simply allow the indication in the player box of what the player prefers. The same way we can already now see trading preferences. Its a wonderful idea, cities already use the name and comment section to indicate their preference there is clearly a desire for this among the players. Its such a simple change I don't sere why AoE would not implement it.

I also don't think this idea needs to be put in the format requested for all ideas. It is simple and easily understood by reading a single sentence. Not every one of your topics that deviates from your format is improved by it, especially one this simple. Use discretion moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I think byeordie's comments are out of place. This is a completely separate idea.
If it is, then my bad. I probably didn't read it right, but:
I also don't think this idea needs to be put in the format requested for all ideas. It is simple and easily understood by reading a single sentence. Not every one of your topics that deviates from your format is improved by it, especially one this simple. Use discretion moderators.
Every idea must be put into the format before I comment on this. I have had many simple ideas, but I still ended up taking my time to put it in the right format. There is a reason for everything.

DeletedUser1094

In here, we are going by the rule : "No Template, No Idea"!

Every idea must be put into the format before I comment on this. I have had many simple ideas, but I still ended up taking my time to put it in the right format. There is a reason for everything.

Yes, for the designers & developers to accept an idea, it has to be well thought through and well presented. They need to know beforehand, if the idea is worth, for them to spend their precious time on. Remember, they already have their hands full with their own ideas and with trying to keep up with the current game-bugs. In short terms : If you really want to increase the workload of the, already stressed, developers with a new idea, it really has to be presented for them, in the best way possible; As an, well thought through, "full fleshed" and ready to grab, idea put into schematic formation. And for that, we use the Idea-Templates. Most of the forum-staff won't even comment ideas, without the use of a Template...

There is a reason for the naming of the second thread in the Idea-section : Guide to the Ideas section *Please read before posting* (click)

DeletedUser

My bad I thought your objections were primarily aesthetic based like people who object to bad grammar. I only ever read the format for posting but never any of the foreword comments. My mistake.