• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Indicator for contributions to happiness from polished buildings

bilboman

Corporal
I don't know if this has been suggested yet but it would be useful if you could tell how much total happiness is coming from polished buildings and decorations. That information would be useful in managing happiness - at the moment, I think that the only way to do this is to find all the polished buildings and decorations and add them up manually. This would be very helpful to know when upgrading buildings so that you know what you would be left with when/if the polishing runs out.

DeletedUser7719

I don't see how this is practical if I'm reading this right. If you are asking to have another tab/tooltip/indicator of how much extra happiness (from polishing) is currently in our city, I would love to have one!
@jampots: sometimes decorations in my city are polished, and they are hard for me to see, so if I didn't already plan my city on ForgeStats, it's hard to replicate everything I already have to match with my city

DeletedUser99586

I thought this would be useful too.

As a suggestion for how to implement this in a practical way, you just need an extra line in the "Happiness" tooltip, which broke the current "Provided Happiness" entry up in to two lines, "Provided Happiness (base)" & Provided Hapiness (polishing). That way you can compare the "Provided Happiness (base)" with the existing "Demand for Happiness" to see if you will be over or under the limit once the "Polish" buff expires.

DeletedUser

+1 to Toohey's suggestion on how to manage this practically. A single extra line on the happiness tooltip information box would be useful, and much easier than having to add up any individual polishes you've received, which can be a bit irksome (especially if you didn't want any polishing).