• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Incremental Design (0.10.0 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

In my first college programming class, the first (and very heavily emphasized) technique I was taught for programming and designing was to program incrementally. Incremental programming is the idea of making small changes to a large project, and testing out each new change before continuing to add more code. Me, being the stubborn person I am, mostly disregarded the advice, and didn't really begin to change my ways for another year.

Now I see this game in the (late) developing phase, and see InnoGames pushing through this "huge updates" agenda. It doesn't work. With all of these bugs added (especially the town interface and quest bugs) I'm almost DREADING the update going live on Brisgard and Cirgard. Game updates only take a few minutes; I don't see a reason not to make updates 1-2 times each week. That way, if a major, gamebreaking bug pops up, the developers can revert the latest patch and leave all the other features. Plus, it's easy to isolate the what caused the big bug.

I'd honestly be perfectly happy with only adding the ranking system, and the major bug fixes (like archers walking too far, message window leaving the screen). I'm indifferent about guilds, since they seem nearly pointless right now. I'm not even one of those people making a huge fuss about the severe trade issues, I just want the game to be at least as good as before. I'm not convinced that's the case, if people are unable to complete 1/3 of the quests in the mandatory quest line.

The bottom line is, I think the game developers need to release more frequent updates instead of releasing monster updates that have the potential to cause a WHOLE PAGE of new bugs in the bugs reported forum.

DeletedUser

you're definitely right. this patch seems to have fixed quite a few bugs, and then introduced an even larger number..

I'm pretty happy to not be a guinea pig over in over in world 1.. hopefully they iron out the bugs over there today and tomorrow (or the day after if it's delayed a third time..) the launch goes smoothly on W2 & 3

Status
Not open for further replies.