• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Increase game speed - make options to reduce animations, graphics

DeletedUser

One of the main problems with this game is that it is too slow especially if its running for some time. I and i believe many players would prefer good game speed without lags, faster battle speed and misclicks to animations and reduced graphic quality.
Good example is at a game Fragoria.

Also creating a client would be welcome too.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Give an option to turn on/off all animations

Workaround:
None currently available

Details:
Given how flash works it would probably need a separate page. The flash objects on that page would then be single frame objects with as few layers as possible

Abuse:
None

Screenies:
None

I play using a netbook. With most flash based building games I have started, I have eventually had to stop playing as more and more flash objects were required. Flash seems to be particularly memory intensive, especially when using many objects, which eventually causes it to slow to a crawl. Refreshing is becoming less appealing, this is how I used to deal with the problem, as each time I refresh reloading is becoming slower and slower.

Not everyone has the latest computer and lots of memory, but the problem is with flash and the way it uses objects, especially animated ones. I used to develop in Flash when it was a Macromedia product so do have some idea of how it works. I also program applications in C# and Java and there is generally no visible lag when using the netbook, this is common with Flash applications however.

Personally, if I had a faster computer to use and the animations were not a problem, I would eventually chose to turn them off anyway. They are interesting for a very short time in a 'oh isn't it pretty' type way, but eventually I want to play in as quick a way as possible so the animations become irrelevant.

I also turn off the sound and music. What I don't know though if this stops these elements being loaded into memory? If they are, then preventing this would be another saving in memory that would benefit lower powered systems.

DeletedUser

This should be in the Ideas forum, at least post #2 anyway, unless I'm missing something.

DeletedUser

It's sometimes hard to know where to post. :confused:

I got told off earlier because I posted on something that had already been discussed, all because I searched the wrong thing before posting :p

Seems like a game discussion to me as it's an issue that exists, but isn't a bug as such, and this thread seemed to match. The other option was memory leaks but like I said not a bug as such, and I thought the ideas section would be for game play not tech issues

Anyway I stand to be corrected, still relatively new here :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

It's sometimes hard to know where to post. :confused:
I wouldn't have mentioned anything but you used the ideas submission template in your post, hence I thought you were posting an idea. At the same time, your information is pertinent to the topic of this thread.

And yeah, creating a new thread about something recently discussed/posted will bring out the "search before creating a new thread" folks. It is their job to keep the forums crisp and clean, so we shouldn't be critical of them.

Finally, since you explained you're new....welcome to FoE.