• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

In game 'popups'

gemlock

Private
The game IMO is spoilt by the immediate appearance of a popup when the mouse passes over every building, and more so
when involved in a battle where they linger and obscure the view.
Surely the software writers could add a delay into the popup timing?
Otherwise, a great game is being spoiled by a simple line of code.

Sunny24

Private
I absolutely second that, and want to add that the pop-ups when someone posts a message annoy me to no end. I don't CARE - I will go and check the in-guild messaging system when I want to, I do not need the game informing me of the fact every single time. STOP the pop-up spamming.

Knight of ICE

What buildings does your mouse passes over during battle?

Nothing happens when you pass over buildings. Pop-up only appears when you linger on a building.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
What buildings does your mouse passes over during battle?

Nothing happens when you pass over buildings. Pop-up only appears when you linger on a building.
Actually the pop up happens when you pass over. Not even super slow, but just casually mousing over, then the pop up occurs. Only if pass over very quickly does nothing happen. (no idea about battle though). The delay in popup could certainly be increased a small amount so you do not have to pass over very quick all the time.

Knight of ICE

Actually the pop up happens when you pass over. Not even super slow, but just casually mousing over, then the pop up occurs. Only if pass over very quickly does nothing happen. (no idea about battle though). The delay in popup could certainly be increased a small amount so you do not have to pass over very quick all the time.

Not for me. On PC nothing happens when passing over. Have to stay on the building for at least a second to activate the pop-up

In battle there are no buildings. Pop-up can show up, but with the same delay. If however that happens, it must mean you are in manual battle, so what's the rush?

Shad23

Emperor
Pop-ups when someone posts a message? I don't get that. Only the flashing message button. Is it a mobile thing?
might be i don't get that pop-up but it is annoying to see it flash which is why i closed all FP swaps in my guild we only use 1.9 and my members can do private swaps between them selves and their friends on top of the 1.9 threads if they still want to do swaps but my msg center flashes a bit less cause i closed the swaps in my guild

Last edited:
might be i don't get that pop-up but it is anoying to se it flash wich is why i closed all FP swaps in my guild we only use 1.9 and my members can do private swaps between them selves and their friends on top of the 1.9 threads if they still want to do swaps but my msg center flashes a bit less cause i closed the swaps in my guild
You closed the swaps because they make the message button flash? :lol: How about you forbid social chit chat too? :D

Shad23

Emperor
lol we don't chat much except when they need goods or advice but that does'nt make it flash much compared to what the swaps used to do

It would solve a lot of annoying pop-ups if guild leaders had a thread option to disable them. (like for active swap threads) ?
You want guild leaders to decide if guild members get pop-ups or not? Then what about the guild members who find the pop-ups useful?

What pop-ups btw? There are no message pop-ups. Only the flashing message button.

gemlock

Private
Not for me. On PC nothing happens when passing over. Have to stay on the building for at least a second to activate the pop-up

In battle there are no buildings. Pop-up can show up, but with the same delay. If however that happens, it must mean you are in manual battle, so what's the rush?
On PC the popups STILL appear and yes. there are no buildings in battle - correct, but the popups are even MORE annoying because they linger over the weapon every time you press the mouse to fire it.
Usually it's there that long they obliterate the army completely.
Dunno what game you are playing mate!!

gemlock

Private
You want guild leaders to decide if guild members get pop-ups or not? Then what about the guild members who find the pop-ups useful?

What pop-ups btw? There are no message pop-ups. Only the flashing message button.
In any other piece of software that has popups, there is usually a built in 2 or 3 second delay before it appears when 'hovering' over something.
Jeez, the whole thing is obviously easily sorted by inserting a short time-delay in the code.
A competent software author could sort this in 5 seconds flat..........obviously not one on this game though eh?

Emberguard

Legend
Jeez, the whole thing is obviously easily sorted by inserting a short time-delay in the code.
There already is a delay, it only appears if you stop long enough on a building. Personally I wouldn't want it lengthened. The only reason I have to hover is to get the buildings info, so I wouldn't want it to take a long time for each and every building.

What purpose would increasing the delay serve for you? If it's a hindrance for you but a useful feature for me then there must be some difference in what we're after

and more so
when involved in a battle where they linger and obscure the view.
Only if you put the mouse on a tile or unit. You can put the mouse in a spot where nothing pops up

Knight of ICE

On PC the popups STILL appear and yes. there are no buildings in battle - correct, but the popups are even MORE annoying because they linger over the weapon every time you press the mouse to fire it.
Usually it's there that long they obliterate the army completely.
Dunno what game you are playing mate!!

Could say the same to you. I am not firing a weapon in this game :?