• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

In Game Message Formatting

DeletedUser

Can anyone please tell me what formatting the in game messaging system is using... is it justified... font spacing etc... ???
Because every time I try to cut and paste something into it... like ascii art... well.. it just looks wrong :(

DeletedUser7719

I don't know, but it's the same as the guild forum (which doesn't have tab spacing).

DeletedUser11586

How can one go about making some of the neat designs I see in email posts?

DeletedUser

The ingame messaging system is fairly basic and doesn't have a range of formatting options available above it, like in email or the forum. Therefore I would guess that there is a limit on what you can do with it, since it is basically just typing in text.

Edit: I tried an experiment to create a table in an ingame message, and although it looked to be fine when I set it out, this is how it arrived.

Bad Table.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shabooboo

Private
Yes, this is quite a pain. I wanted to create a table of guild Observatories. Went through each entry and changed tabs to spaces, had it all looking straight in the message preview window then when I sent it the columns became messed up again.

If you grab the columns of text from the message window and put them into Notepad it seems line breaks have been stripped too.