• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Improved GB animation for lvls

DeletedUser

Proposal:
GB animation for GB levels
1) a diff graphic of GB development as you reach each lvl showing progress in stages
2)and secondary maybe an animation of "building action" for each lvl(if possible)

Reason:
all the other buildings have some sort of "being built" graphic...would definately add to the "visual experience"

Details:
all the gb's start as a "pile of sticks" and then proceed to have 10 lvls ...why not have graphics showing the building actually being constructed in 10 steps to represent the lvl's...
ex : lvl 0 = pile of sticks, lvl 1 = frame, lvl 2 = walls(or whatever goes next im no architech)....lvl 9 = stained glass(or whatever finishing touches), and then lvl 10 = completed construction

*did not find same idea posted previously*
*has no potential for abuse*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

I'd be in favour of some judicious animation of the completed structures (people visiting, lights, fluttering flags or whatever) but I'm not sure about wanting the intermediate stages to look like construction sites. Since it can take so long to build up a GB, and most of them take up so much space, I kinda doubt many players would want the grandeur of our towns marred by unsightly construction sites all that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Another way you could think about it: On the Tower of Babel, add one story each level. That would be something I would want to see :)

DeletedUser

I like this idea... perhaps not scaffolding all around till level 10, but stages of development sound good to me :) It would be another incentive to work for level 10!

Animations might make the game even more resource-heavy than it is already, but static stages wouldn't hurt ^^

+1 from me :)

DeletedUser3707

1. This isn't animation. It's a different graphic for each level.
2. I'm in favour of either every GB getting an animation, OR each level of the GB has it's own graphic... like it's being built and not "finished" until the last level.

DeletedUser

1. This isn't animation. It's a different graphic for each level.
The OP mentioned animation, that's what my reaction was about... I'm not in favour of animations but I do like the idea of a GB not being really "finished" till it's level 10 :)

DeletedUser

thanx for your replys and thumbs up guys...
and yes definately diff graphics for each GB level is what i meant specifically...tho i am tickled by the idea of (ex: ) seeing a guy using pulleys to lift a stone to an incomplete Castel or something...so just to reiterate :
1) a diff graphic of GB development as you reach each lvl showing progress in stages
2)and secondary maybe an animation of "building action" for each lvl(if possible)