• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Improve Group Management in messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108047

Proposal:

Enhance Guild rights to allow anyone with certain rights to adjust the group in guild group message

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea

yes - nothing obvious but I find search a bit vague

Reason:

We have a senior guild member 'initiate' all official guild wide messages. When guild members join or leave the group for each thread needs to be updated.

Over this holiday season our nominated comms manager will be on holiday for 5 weeks. In his absence we can't edit the official guild wide thread groups and to reproduce them seems a waste of time & effort only to do so again when he returns.

Details:
Allow guild members with Founder, Trusted and Notifier rights to be able to edit the group for each message

Visual Aids:
nil

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
nil required

DeletedUser12400

The person who created the group becomes its 'admin' and can add/remove participants. It is also possible to grant this possibility to other participants. Just click the button in the top left corner of the conversation window, adjust the group and save.

GI.png GI2.png

Use it wisely though - if you grant somebody 'admin' right, that person will be able to perform all actions - including removing from the conversation!

DeletedUser2989

The feature we have (as described by Overtype above) is a similar and some would say more flexible version of what you are proposing here. I'd like to confirm if you (Dane thorson) would be happy enough knowing something similar already exists that would solve the problem you outlined above or if you'd prefer to specifically put forward the idea of guild rights applying to the "administration" of guild conversations (which I can already predict some problems).

DeletedUser108047

Thanks Guys

Didn't realise the group admin function was already there :(

I think this idea can be closed as the group admin function gets around it - we'll just make two or three senior guildees group admins on all the official threads

DeletedUser2989

No problem I hope all works out with your conversations and that your comms manager has a good holiday. :)

This thread will now be closed as requested (and also marked Already Suggested).

Status
Not open for further replies.