• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Impossible Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I've finished the colonial age researches and am just working my way through the colonial age quests and have so far come across two quests that are impossible for me to complete:

Quest 1 - Mandrubar's Surprize: Complete one research
Quest 2 - Double Research: Complete two researches

Neither of them will auto-complete if you have already got everything and there is no way for me to undo things so that I can complete them. I skipped the first one and it looks like I'll have to skip the second but I have no idea if this means I will miss out on quests that follow them in their quest arcs.

DeletedUser3157

I'd just skip them, odds of you missing out of some actually useful reward/quest line are slim. Actually I already did skip them. It was yesterday. I completed the first one, I think the reward was 5 paper. Then the 2nd one came and I said screw it and skipped it. Then it was followed by bunch of rather annoying quests, all with "random reward" which turned out the be 5 paper. I think there was like 4 consective ones, inculding one where I had to pay 30k supplies and 25k gold to get....5 paper. Thing is I have 2 papermills and more than 300 paper, so yeah, it's funny now but really wasn't yesterday :P

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7137

Posts like this can really help out us newbies to get ready for "silly quests" in the future..There's a supposedly full quest list somewhere in the forum but last I checked it wasn't completed yet. At least by following threads like this one can help us to get ready for them. To skip or not to skip..30k supplies and 25k coins for 5 paper? lol!!

DeletedUser

You will have to wait for the next age to do more researches. :)

P.S.
Don't you have some "goods buildings" research left from older ages? I didn't research any that I didn't had deposit on the map.

No - they all got completed when I was waiting for CA to arrive as I had forge points going to waste.

I've had confirmation from the senior in-game moderator that this is a bug with the quest and it ought to auto-complete if all your researches are done. One of the new main storyline quests also asks you to complete a research (and something else I can't remember) but that one does auto-complete if you have no researches left to do.

DeletedUser

If something like that happens, just submit an in-game ticket and request Support to close the quest for you. :)

- L

DeletedUser3157

Ok shame on me. I got the same quest of giving out 30k supplies and 25k gold to rinbin for random reward again. It looked familiar, but I wondered maybe it was some sort of a trick and there is a different reward this time. You know, like the first jester ones in BA. NOP. 5 paper, again.

Anyways seems like my whole 3rd quest line is on repeat, I'm getting the same quests over and over again(produce 24h sailmaker twice, produce 24h tobacco farm 2x, research X number of researches, spend X number of FPs, gather X number of coins/supplies). And rewards also seem to be the same each time. Is this some sort of bug or is it meant to happen when you reach far enough on certain quest lines where you have reqs for follow-ups(if there even are any) still unlocked.

DeletedUser

No - they all got completed when I was waiting for CA to arrive as I had forge points going to waste.

I've had confirmation from the senior in-game moderator that this is a bug with the quest and it ought to auto-complete if all your researches are done. One of the new main storyline quests also asks you to complete a research (and something else I can't remember) but that one does auto-complete if you have no researches left to do.

Thanks Martynius for the heads-up, so we know what to do. ;)

DeletedUser

I had reported 'Double Research' issue 4 days ago, and it had been solved manually that day.

But then yesterday I am getting the same impossible quest again. Shouldn't this be on auto-complete?
I have this looping quest reported in the ticket but it keep noting its 'resolved' status. The quest is still there unfortunately, and once again I am stuck.

DeletedUser

Yup, according to support it should auto-complete - I've had it manually completed by support 4 or 5 times now but I keep getting it and it doesn't complete.

DeletedUser

Yup, according to support it should auto-complete - I've had it manually completed by support 4 or 5 times now but I keep getting it and it doesn't complete.

Exactly... and until this either gets fixed, or a new age released (so the quests won't have to loop anymore), you will have to contact us at support to help you out on it... inconvenient, I know, but it's the only way for now.

DeletedUser6965

Exactly... and until this either gets fixed, or a new age released (so the quests won't have to loop anymore), you will have to contact us at support to help you out on it... inconvenient, I know, but it's the only way for now.

uhm, so u say we should contact the support everytime the loop-quest pops up??? :D
Why? To get the reward everytime? Or what would u fix? Or is the bug, that this quest always pops up again with no other quest between ??
I hope u understand what I want to say :)

DeletedUser

uhm, so u say we should contact the support everytime the loop-quest pops up??? :D
Why? To get the reward everytime? Or what would u fix? Or is the bug, that this quest always pops up again with no other quest between ??
I hope u understand what I want to say :)

This was only meant for those looping quests that don't complete by themselves... unfortunately there are one or two of them out there :(
Like there's one asking you to research something while you've researched everything already. :p

DeletedUser

There are an awful lot of quests that don't have the intelligence to look to see what you already have. It's a board game, so look before asking!! They really get up my nose.

DeletedUser

There are an awful lot of quests that don't have the intelligence to look to see what you already have. It's a board game, so look before asking!! They really get up my nose.

Might I suggest noseplugs? ;)
When a quests asks you to build a structure, the objective is to build that structure, not to have that structure.
It has nothing to do with an integrated structure check, intelligence or bugs. It is merely how the quests work.

If you already have the structure(s) you are asked to build, it's an indication that you're probably getting ahead of yourself and that you should either catch up on some quests or slow down on advancing, if you don't want to encounter any quests that are seemingly redundant and useless.
If you don't feel like slowing down, then you're going to have to put up with nose creeping quests. :p

- L

DeletedUser

Lol, but no. If it ask's me to build two Libraries & 2 Acadamy's (@110,000 a piece), but I have one Library already, I have neither the space nor inclination to want to waste my time knocking down my library and then build another 4 brand new buildings costing 440,000 + god knows how many supplies, and wait another 14 hours!!

It sometimes seem's that INNO know how to build added boredom into a game.

DeletedUser

Well I'm glad I found that out, but then again, how early am I - will be getting to the CA in about 90pts?

DeletedUser6965

This was only meant for those looping quests that don't complete by themselves... unfortunately there are one or two of them out there :(
Like there's one asking you to research something while you've researched everything already. :p

Sry but I think u don't understand what I say, or I don't understand what u say.
My point is: When I'm at the point with loop quests, which mean about 10 quests appaear again and again and again and so on.
There is a quest saying "research 2 technologies". So u say this quest have to complete by himself??? so everytime this quest appears I should get the reward automatically? That can't be your serious :D Because it would mean, that I only have to abort all other quests and then get every minute the reward of this one quest without doing anything :D :D :D

So it would be rubish to complete loop-quests automatically

@Lodroth: U saying the support can close these quests? I read one of ur postings some time ago u saying that. Then I said it to all others in german forum, that this is possible, but I was not able to find the thread u said that.
I hope they will change their opinion, when I link to ur post here :)

DeletedUser

@Lodroth: U saying the support can close these quests? I read one of ur postings some time ago u saying that. Then I said it to all others in german forum, that this is possible, but I was not able to find the thread u said that.
I hope they will change their opinion, when I link to ur post here :)

It seems there has been a miscommunication regarding this.
Apparently the bosses have decided to rephrase their statement. -Vanguard.- is correct.
Sorry for the confusion, don't shoot the messenger. :(

- L

DeletedUser

There is a quest saying "research 2 technologies". So u say this quest have to complete by himself??? so everytime this quest appears I should get the reward automatically?

Yes - if you have completed all research already.

DeletedUser6965

Yes - if you have completed all research already.

are u kidding me?? :D :D :D
There are lots of players researched everything (I only miss the 600diamond research) and u say if u have researched everything, u will always, each minute! get the reward automatically? That can't be true?! :D

HELLO guys, is there anyone out there who researched everything (even the diamond-one) and can confirm this?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.