• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

If a family member wants to play forge, can they play and not get us both banned for using the same IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharing a device and/or internet connection

It is allowed for two or more players to use the same computer and/or internet connection, provided
each player only controls the actions of his/her account (please contact Support to make them
aware).

Examples:
- It is allowed for you and your brother to each have your own account on Forge of Empires provided
that you both only have access to your own account.
- It is allowed to login at your work or school provided that only you have access to your account.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Can I share my computer with my family so that they can also play Forge of Empires?
Yes, of course! The more, the merrier!

But please make sure, that every family is playing their own account (with their own e-mail / password). The sharing of an account (even on different worlds) and/or account data with third parties is not allowed.

It is also not allowed to create multiple accounts, therefore it is important to notify our support team, if you and your family are playing Forge of Empires together.

If you're playing through the same internet connection, it could happen, that you can't donate Forge Points to any of the Great Buildings of your family members. This is a precautional measure, to ensure that no multiple accounts are created in order to push another account. But you can still donate Forge Points to the Great Buildings of other players and the blockade will be lifted automatically after some time, if you're not using the same internet connection for some time.

DeletedUser119613

Yes if you haven't already please contact support. They can give you the official answer and what you need to do to ensure everything is ok.

DeletedUser117610

Do Inno ever actually ban anyone for multi accounts?

There are people who have accounts with their name plus 1,2,3,4 donating on their GBs, and whilst I’ve never reported anyone myself I’ve heard from others that no action is ever taken when it is reported. Just saying it seems the honest people worry about this stuff and the cheats get a free ride. Am I wrong?

DeletedUser

There are people who have accounts with their name plus 1,2,3,4 donating on their GBs, and whilst I’ve never reported anyone myself I’ve heard from others that no action is ever taken when it is reported. Just saying it seems the honest people worry about this stuff and the cheats get a free ride. Am I wrong?
no you are not , i have seen very weird things but as long admins care more for events and dont reward people for finding bots and multi accounts, then people will care more about events and not about multi-boto-accounts

Last edited by a moderator:

Daxta587

Private
I know people who have been banned for having multi-accounts, I myself have been banned. This is my second account. Which is why I am ensuring that I don't have to restart ever again

WinnerGR

Captain

Yes but I am not explaining how I know.

DeletedUser653

no one gets banned for having 2 people playing on same IP address as long as they follow the rules and are sensible. notify INNO via a ticket to the situation and then do not push each others GB's (biggest reason players get banned). You can even be in the same guild with no worries.

worse is that (as Lord Gork said) INNO does not even seem to care any more about pushing and even when proof is provided they do nothing so if you notify INNO your both using same IP address it will be fine.

Andrew420

Major
Yes if you haven't already please contact support. They can give you the official answer and what you need to do to ensure everything is ok.
No you don't. You can go and play as long as you follow the rules.
Yes you do its in the rules maybe you should take your own adivce and read them

2) Sharing a device and/or internet connection

It is allowed for two or more players to use the same computer and/or internet connection, provided
each player only controls the actions of his/her account (please contact Support to make them
aware).

DeletedUser

if you want your family to be able to invest FP's on your GB's they need to have their own session on your device otherwise support will block their donations
i could adopt some kids :'D

DeletedUser117610

Well it’s good to hear that cheats sometimes get busted. It seems that many aren’t getting caught though. There are clearly multiple account players, and bots seem popular on GvG especially (or likely just more obvious).

Checking IP seems the wrong way to catch multi accounts; it just inconveniences legitimate users and doesn’t catch anyone who knows what they’re doing with IPs.

What would be better is some old fashioned data analysis
- look for one sided donations between accounts. Anyone who is paying above reasonable rates over a period of time and not getting anything back should be investigated
- look at attacks done in succession. Anyone who does 10 attacks in 2 seconds is a cheat. Attacks cause a server hit so you don’t even have to factor latency.

Over time you’d extend your library of cheat detections and get increasingly sophisticated. You’d only have to run the analysis periodically (not real-time) and you’d do it on a mirrored database so there wouldn’t be a server hit. It’s not rocket science.

Inno should be able to stop the cheats without inconveniencing everyone else.

DeletedUser

Checking IP seems the wrong way to catch multi accounts; it just inconveniences legitimate users and doesn’t catch anyone who knows what they’re doing with IPs.

What would be better is some old fashioned data analysis
- look for one sided donations between accounts. Anyone who is paying above reasonable rates over a period of time and not getting anything back should be investigated
- look at attacks done in succession. Anyone who does 10 attacks in 2 seconds is a cheat. Attacks cause a server hit so you don’t even have to factor latency.
there are algos that find you bots and multi accounts, they dont have to spend any time at all :P
Checking IP's is useless when you can have unlimited IP's lol

Inno should be able to stop the cheats without inconveniencing everyone else.
there are a lot of reasons to NOT stop such things when they will affect your Active online from the owners perspective.
it took them time to gather players and make them trusted leaders , they won't throw them out of the game, thats what happens in most games
(more like they will throw the moaners - us in this case :P)

Shad23

Emperor
There are clearly multiple account players
Checking IP seems the wrong way to catch multi accounts;
how do you proove it's not a family ? INNO does'nt have cameras in our homes familys have right to play this game together
one sided donations can't proove it's not a family + once player 1 on a device has his city GB's high enough he can overpay on the GB's of the ones who overpayed on his still not a proof

Status
Not open for further replies.