• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Idea - Items in inventory converted into coins/supplies

DeletedUser

--- Proposal ---
For items that are accumulated over time and are not relevant would be nice to get a benefit and remove them. What I have done in the past is build them then sell them and get the reward from doing so. Would be nice if there was a button (or default action on delete) to get these rewards without having to build, wait, and sell.

--- Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea ---
Yes but the search on this forum is TERRIBLE so apologies to anybody who may have suggested this already. There was a suggestion about being able to gift these to guildies which i also like, but not everybody may want to do that.

--- Reason ---
As above, you can achieve the result by building and then tearing it down but it's just a waste of time.

--- Details ---
See proposal i think i have covered everything in there...

--- Visual Aids ---
not necessary i dont think?

--- Balance/Abuse Prevention ---
Diamond players always have the advantage on these events so will probably amass far more redundant buildings than others, but as stated above this can be done right now - my suggestion is a short cut to the same result.

DeletedUser15432

Nice idea but would probably come under the heading of making the game easier, however, just for the sake, will give it a +1

DeletedUser1081

I don't think it makes anything easier to be able to clear out one's inventory. I'd rather be able to use the gift option to pass the things along (within judicious limits) as in the suggested modifications to an idea proposed earlier but this would be better than a slap in the belly with a dead fish.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

-1 from me

I think if you want to use items in the inventory for their refund value, then it's probably not much of a hardship to have to wait whilst they get built; if you want an instant build option I'd guess it would cost diamonds.

DeletedUser

Sell immediately. Same return from a building under construction as a completed building.

Oops, forgot that's possible. In that case I really don't see why you need the default action on delete - it's only going to take a few seconds to place the building and get a refund. If you are looking to earn extra coins and supplies by getting a refund from a prize you don't want, I think it should take you a bit of effort to do that.

DeletedUser1081

Oops, forgot that's possible. In that case I really don't see why you need the default action on delete - it's only going to take a few seconds to place the building and get a refund.

Because you may not have the room or population available to place something you don't want. Even as we speak, I have three unwanted 7x6 ranches collecting dust in my inventory. I'd have to sell stuff I do want in order to make room to place those just to sell them - not very cost-effective!

Also, if it's a premium building we don't get anything back for building/selling it - if this idea were implemented perhaps it could at least give us a handful of coins/supplies in exchange for unwanted premium stuff. Like discreetly returning a wrong-minded gift for credit.

As I noted above, I'd rather have the ability to pass inventory items along as gifts, within reason, but I can give this idea a +0.75

DeletedUser

Because you may not have room in your village to place something you don't want.

Sorry - I really think that it's tough if you haven't got space. Either make space or don't get the benefit - I think that's half the point of the game.

DeletedUser1081

Sorry - I really think that it's tough if you haven't got space. Either make space or don't get the benefit - I think that's half the point of the game.

... Making room for things you want and/or need is central to the game. This idea is about unwanted, unneeded items that some "special event" dumped on us by sheer accident and they're just cluttering up our inventories. If we don't want them, didn't ask for them and will never build them, why shouldn't we be able to get rid of them? And since the "special events" are supposed to be pleasant, not a nuisance - aren't they?? - why shouldn't we get a few coins/supplies if we choose to return them?

DeletedUser

And since the "special events" are supposed to be pleasant, not a nuisance (aren't they??) why shouldn't we get a few coins/supplies if we choose to return them?

I dunno, I get the impression it's a bit like those 'win a prize every time' stalls you get at fairs - sometimes you end up with some useless junk that you have to cart home. You don't get refunds for those... :D

Anyway - I think I've discussed this idea enough for now, unless anyone can come up with a reason that will convince me it's a good idea. :)

DeletedUser1081

I dunno, I get the impression it's a bit like those 'win a prize every time' stalls you get at fairs - sometimes you end up with some useless junk that you have to cart home. You don't get refunds for those... :D

But you can give them to someone who does like them, or auction them on ebay, or sell them by weight to the scrap-cattle-ranch dealer. And you know what? I've talked myself into making my 0.75 a full +1. :cool:

DeletedUser99445

+1 for me. replace the Delete button with a Sell button. Simples!

Mink, Point well made even if others chose to keep arguing.

DeletedUser

Mink, Point well made even if others chose to keep arguing.

Yes, agreed. The reason for arguing/discussing is to make sure that there are valid arguments to implement the idea. I'm pretty lukewarm about this one - yeah it might be nice, but it's not essential and you can get the refund if you have the space to build. I don't think I'd say no if it was ingame, but there might be better features to add. Probably the highest I can go is a 0. :D

DeletedUser99445

There are definitely better features to add but that discussion is for another Thread altogether.
The point of this one is that if you get something in your inventory that you Don't want, you simply hit the sell button and it's quickly converted.

DeletedUser104833

This is more relevant than ever now that we have the Expedition. I'd really like to be able to get SOMETHING for those NON-rewards when i get a building that i'm not at all interested in. A "recycling" system for the inventory would be nice :)