• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I thought that one day diamond bonus was kind of lame.

DeletedUser

The timing was just bad holiday gift checks can only be used by today at the earliest and for most tomorrow. Couldn't the diamond sale have been 3 or four days? Its a shame I would have bought some but the timing just wasn't right for me so I missed out and won't be buying any now. Not out of spite but because I just lost interest and there are much more generous holiday deals that last until new years and I will spend my money on that.

DeletedUser

I somewhat agree. I saw the notice on the forum for the first time a few hours ago. It is already the afternoon of Dec 27 here so the notification was less than useless. I had seen mention of a special on other threads but was waiting for an official announcement. Who knows what time zone the Dec 26 special was supposed to be in? Some of us have already finished Dec 26 before others even start that day. Its the curse of trying to organize a truly international game.

It reminds me of when I was small and my mother used to say: OK, we are not going to go out for lunch today. I had planned to do it but since you were a bad boy we will not go. It worked when I was small but now I just say fine, my money is staying in my pocket then. Good deal!

DeletedUser8813

yes i have to agree ,done with good intentions but poorly thought out..the game is global and they have to start thinking with a global mentality..

DeletedUser276

The game is German :P hence the times were in German time. Its a one day fire sale. I am sure people who shop at stores that have a one day sale and they show up the next day say the same thing.

DeletedUser8813

The game is German :P hence the times were in German time. Its a one day fire sale. I am sure people who shop at stores that have a one day sale and they show up the next day say the same thing.

i am sure they do..but most stores give notice and do it on days that maximize the chance of cash sales

so you are saying that because it is German that they are only going to make these offers to benefit the German players.
the internet is global,and the game is global... i would bet the bulk of the income comes from outside Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am sure people who shop at stores that have a one day sale and they show up the next day say the same thing.

Which is why more and more people make their purchases online where sales are longer and more available and purchases are easier to access compared to brick and mortar stores. Why would innogames want to emulate an archaic business model. I guarantee you this sales length made you less than if you had extended it. I have to say the attitude of this games staff is so disappointing.

DeletedUser

If Innogames got enough customers from that sale that they don't need the money from the people posting in this thread then that's great. I'm happy to have saved money and the company is happy that they did not give me any discounts. Win Win. I think I'll go for a coffee with the money I saved by not impulse buying during the sale. Have fun all. Be back later.

Edit: Back now and it was a great idea. I recommend to anyone who has a spare $10 to consider going for coffee and a snack before doing any impulse buying :-)

DeletedUser

Yes - it was brilliantly timed on a UK bank holiday - that is to say a day when the banks are shut and I couldn't get at any money to buy them :(

DeletedUser3157

It was only 10% lol, who cares. And with very short warning ahead and limited buying time. Few months ago there was 20% daily discount btw, for no reason at all. This here looked to me like it was just some last minute PR thing to show some christmas spirit or whatever, not really big planned event to sell millions of diamonds and make new people first time diamond-buyers. Would need about 50% discount or so to make actual non-payers even consider buying. Idk tho why they aint looking to hook up more non-diamond players that way though, I mean u buy once and u are 99% more likely to buy again - u have mentally already crossed that line once, so 2nd time will be no more problem. Plus grown accustomed to playing with an advanatage what can be annoying to lose once diamonds run out. Anyways not my problem.

DeletedUser276

rofl what I think is funny about all this is...

its a short sale.. if they had a longer sale like hint said then people would be complaining that its a cash grab over the holidays. Since it was a short sale people complain that its a personal thing from Inno to disinclude the rest of the world. I think no matter what we did people would complain. But lets look at it from the worst case scenerio. Say I live in Australia. Thats pretty much on the other side of the world from Germany...

midnight German time would be almost noon in Austrailia. So when people log into the game at noon they would see the start of the deal and have 24 hours to purchase the diamonds. Which they would be awake for, for approximately 12 hours if they slept from 9pm to 9am which most people dont. This is about the same as what you would get if you were in Germany for when you wake up at 9am German time you would have the same amount of time.

I dont see how this messes anyone over or targets anyone. It just ran 12am to 12am in German time because the game is based out of Germany but EVERYONE has the same amount of time to do it in. fcol peoples complaining about this is completely pointless.

hint I hook up players with diamonds for free with my monthly competitions and it dont matter if they buy diamonds or not. And we arnt feeding some kind of addiction here for people buying diamonds as thats what your typing kinda sounds like when i read it.

Another pointless thread created to word controversy that really doesnt exist.

DeletedUser3157

hint I hook up players with diamonds for free with my monthly competitions and it dont matter if they buy diamonds or not. And we arnt feeding some kind of addiction here for people buying diamonds as thats what your typing kinda sounds like when i read it.

Yeah, for free. And a couple of players per month.

It is going through the process of actually buying diamonds for first time that finally breaks down the mental blockade many players might have. Think of it like finding money on the street and then keeping it, vs stealing some guys wallet for the first time. After the first time, 2nd will come so much more likely :)

DeletedUser276

so your saying that people buying diamonds is on par with stealing some guys wallet?

DeletedUser3157

No, not at all. I was just giving an example of a situation with same kind of moral dialemmas. Maybe not a good example, but you should get the point - diamonds in essance are a shortcut to better 'life'. And some may find it difficult intially going down that route. Think of it like killing someone to become made man in mob - once you do it, there is no turning back.

DeletedUser

LOL. Your analogies are really off the wall, hint,. (Think of it like killing someone to become made man in mob - once you do it, there is no turning back.) But I think you have the right idea. If more people buy diamonds then one of two things are going to happen, either the company will see windfall profits and pat themselves on the back or they will say this is a good thing and because it is working we can have more diamond sales and make even more people happy. But you cannot teach 'the boss' anything as 'the boss' is always right so I guess this sale was like a city bus. We missed it and now we have to wait for the next one. Everyone grumbles when they miss the bus.

DeletedUser276

I stopped arguing with the boss long ago. Though I am sure he got tired of me knocking on his door daily ;)

DeletedUser

There was this rich man in the village who had it all. And it happens he has a good heart too.
So, he decides to throw a free banquet one day and invite all villagers to dine and drink. He made sure that there was plenty of food and wine. he asked for a band of musicians to come and play, organized dancing and game contests. In short, it was a feast no one had ever been to. And that was not all. Upon leaving, each guest received a a nicely wrapped symbolic gift.
Everyone is happy and excited and lavishing praise on the man who made this day happen...........yeah right (there is no such thing when humans are involved)

While walking back home, the guests are opening their gifts to see what's inside. Some had perfume from exotic lands, some had jewelry or fine silk clothes. These two ladies walking back together opened theirs and one of them had a cashmere scarf, while the other had a bracelet made of rare stones.
When the one with the scarf saw the bracelet of her friend, her face turned sour and she started saying how the rich man was mean, hypocrite and unfair, stingy old man.

Morale: There is always someone who sees bad in good.

P.S. give all players free 100 diamonds and i bet my front teeth that there will still be a thread to complain or say something negative about it. It's a human thing. :)

DeletedUser

Thats nice, Klevito, but comparing someone getting gifts to someone buying items on sale is apples and oranges. And its human nature to compare apples to oranges too.

DeletedUser

a- you are one of those who will accept analogy if every word and punctuation in the comparison is identical. Problem is, that analogy is similar not identical. I can't make an analogy by copy/paste the first post.

hang on a minute..........you seem to be eloquent and able to put your thoughts clearly with a certain degree of fine intelligence, which puts you (in my opinion) in the other category which is:

b- you see the point of my analogy and you get it, but you don't like it and are eager to derail from the topic, by trying to bring it in a discussion of what's analogy and what qualifies as good enough to be compared with the topic at hand. You are smart enough to see the parallels between "giving a free gift" and "conditional gift (discount/sale)". They are both actions with the intention to please the receiver during a celebration time or special occasion. That and honestly i don't know any story involving 10% discount of virtual diamonds that buys you pixels on an online german based game

DeletedUser276

analogies arnt for everyone. some arnt liked by everyone. No point belaboring it :P