• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I Quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The game's got stale, boring, too slow, no real PvP, marketplace non existent, too many glitches, no interaction, too much disadvantage without diamonds... Do I need to go on?

There has been talk for ages about opening up the market, changing other things but the developers seem to be more interested in opening up new world with other languages more than actually addressing the faults in here, I've been here a while and got to 1.6mil + without spending cash but the game play has become too slow, too much clickety clicking for $ and resources, may as well play facebook junk if that's all you want from a game.

I can't even delete so I sold every building to make sure I don't 'just drop in' again, it was fun for about 2 weeks but a lot more thought is needed from devs, good luck to those that stay

~gullydwarf~

DeletedUser276

well you cant expect too much from a beta test.

people seem to want to waltz into the game and play the entire thing. Expect things to be perfected or darn near to it. We are still in the beta phase. Technically its more of an alpha since not all the features have been added yet to go through all the bugs. The devs are in a hurry to put the game out so created more servers in other languages to help test whats there and bug find.

Just remember folks this is not the entire game but a small version of it to find the bugs. Its a slow process. If you want everything handed on a silver platter then you might not want to hold your breath till at least we have alot more features added. If this means going away and checking back once a month then thats what it takes. Just dont expect the moon and get upset when you live in a perpetually foggy area.

DeletedUser

You are missing the point

Plenty of areas for improvement have been highlighted, I was playing the closed beta and marketplace issues were brought up then, lots of talk for weeks now about opening it up but no the devs would rather rush out more versions that have the same flaws, don't just put me down, I have stuck around for a while expecting things like trade to be improved but sadly they have not. I spent 2 years with full PP on TW so I know inno can get it right, it's not just the lack of pvp either, the whole concept seems a bit rushed, in this stage of development at least when the guts of the game should be solid.

DeletedUser276

the devs would rather rush out more versions that have the same flaws

Actually if you read through the forums I have made a massive explanation for that and your kinda wrong.

don't just put me down

Wasnt my intention to put you down. I was just trying to explain

I have stuck around for a while expecting things like trade to be improved but sadly they have not.

If you read the update logs the start of the fix for that is on its way. The game isnt put something out and move to the next. When a feature gets added they must watch it and go over it fixing the little errors. It takes a ton of time. This is what I meant by things cant get fixed on a silver platter.

I spent 2 years with full PP on TW so I know inno can get it right, it's not just the lack of pvp either, the whole concept seems a bit rushed, in this stage of development at least when the guts of the game should be solid.

This isnt really a pvp game. Its a city builder. The pvp is a side thing. I know they are adding more to it to make it a more central part of the game. But as I said things take time. Come back in a month... or two or whenever and watch how the game changes.

DeletedUser

Having my own entertainment business, a paintball field, I have learned
something the hard way.

A satisfied customer will tell two people about his/her good experience.

A dissatisfied customer will tell ten about about his/her bad experience.

Online games become a smash hit due to word-of-mouth "advertising."

Online games become a failure, when the staff forgets that nothing is as
important as the customers.

The customer base is actually more important than the actual game.

Customers can survive without FoE... FoE cannot survive without customers.

DeletedUser

You are missing the point

Plenty of areas for improvement have been highlighted, I was playing the closed beta and marketplace issues were brought up then, lots of talk for weeks now about opening it up but no the devs would rather rush out more versions that have the same flaws, don't just put me down, I have stuck around for a while expecting things like trade to be improved but sadly they have not. I spent 2 years with full PP on TW so I know inno can get it right, it's not just the lack of pvp either, the whole concept seems a bit rushed, in this stage of development at least when the guts of the game should be solid.

Your first post was good and clear and I got your points (And I usually hate "I quit" threads because they're so self important). Blacksmith wrote a reasonable reply. Then you wrote this... and now I just think you're an impatient whiner/attention seeker.

DeletedUser

This is so true, I just had to quote it!

Thing is, seems to me that a lot of the bellyaching comes from (how shall I put this politely!) the more economically challenged of the 'customers'. That was in quotes because the thing is, they refuse to pay for diamonds. That is to say, they want the whole game perfected, for free, without the decency to put their grubby little mits into their purses and pay to support a game which, while obviously with it's flaws, has great potential. So, it is doubtful whether these freeloaders can be classed as 'customers' at all. Still, everyone has a right to their point of view. I'd just like the forum as a whole to take a more positive perspective on the development process. It's not easy, and patience is required.
Best wishes, 2RM.

DeletedUser276

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. I wont dog a person for it so long as they are constructive with it.

His first post was well put together but most of the complaints in it were in other threads as well... and answered very well. But people arnt wanting to use the search function to read up on whats going on. Or whats already been talked about. I dont know if everyone thinks that what they have in their head is earthshattering news that they have to share as no one else has talked about it.

thats one thing. the other is people complain that they arnt listened to or their ideas are so awesome that they share it though its been discussed numerous times. Lets look at a few and I will post in here the answer for them. Sorry this is going to be a novel. But people just dont seem to want to use the search function. I am going to start c/p my stuff in ms word just so I can post it fast :D

1. Why dont we have a chat feature? All other online games have a chat feature this game sucks if it doesnt have a chat.

a) We dont have one as its a massive server drain. Plus we tried putting a chat feature into another game and it was buggy. But we bought it and its ours... as buggy as it is. The priority though is getting the current bugs fixed and adding key features to the game rather than put something we know is buggy and will slow down the production and final product of the game even further.

2. I thought this was a pvp game. The battle system sucks

a) other than just being a statement and non contributive this is not really a pvp game. Not like the other games that InnoGames has. Though the pvp system is in the middle of getting a massive overhaul to make pvp a more central part of the game play the main goal for the game is to fight through the ages and help your city grow.

3. There are too many bugs in this game this game sucks

a) well when you get to the splash page on the load it says beta. That means the game is being beta tested. Its buggy and not complete. Thats why we want players to help with finding the bugs.

4. Diamond expeditures cost too much!!

a) Its much easier to over charge for items at this juncture till we can figure out how things work than undercharge and have to deal with people complaining on rate hikes. The cost for diamonds ingame will go down... but will be a slow long process.

There are a bunch more... but you get the drift. I have answered most of the big stuff out there but no one reads and creates duplicate threads. This isnt about how much we can kiss the customers backside but about getting the game rolling. This isnt about who spends money and who doesnt. Alot of people put down the fact that they spend cash and as such should get preferential treatment. You get what you pay for. The deal with the diamonds is you buy them and you can unlock extra stuff and speed through areas faster than if you didnt. It doesnt mean you get treated better than another player who doesnt spend money.

I know it doesnt match what some of you consider customer service but its the reality of the situation. You get what you pay for. Nothing more... nothing less.

DeletedUser

Having my own entertainment business, a paintball field, I have learned
something the hard way.

A satisfied customer will tell two people about his/her good experience.

A dissatisfied customer will tell ten about about his/her bad experience.

Online games become a smash hit due to word-of-mouth "advertising."

Online games become a failure, when the staff forgets that nothing is as
important as the customers.

Perfect in a nut shell:cool:

DeletedUser276

That was true maybe 5-10 years ago but not not so much. With world economics and advertising as well as award sites its more turned into a global community rather than a neighborhood one.

while word of mouth advertising is great dont get me wrong there it isnt as needed as it is for static business run operations.

since obviously all the effort I have put into this thread has gone to waste I will close it. Its nice that I can post huge explanations and yet all people want is their butts kissed and us to fight for their customer service when 99% of the people who post their complaints havent even spent a single euro.

Status
Not open for further replies.