• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I must win not enemy units.

• Thread starter DeletedUser113804
  • Start date

DeletedUser113804

Hey guys ! I have a question here. Why I'm losing this battle in GE ? What battle ?
Most of the information is in added file. Please check . I want people different opinions of that problem.
Maybe they fix that kind of so called bug also .

Like you see I have a age higher units there and PLUS Attack boost and I lose . Why ? I don' t know
and want to know really bad.

Thanks for the help .

nscQxo

DeletedUser113901

I can't see the file but check 2 things :
  1. Have you chosen your unit according to unit vs unit class boost and to skills ?
  2. Is your battle tactic efective ?

rjs66

Lieutenant
also don't forget - the boost is a percentage , a small percentage of "not a lot" is not very much at all, a large percentage of "not a lot" still isn't much

a boost of 3 or 4 by putting artillery on a hill might equate to a 40% boost for the artillery (iron , bronze ages)

same principle applies to other units and the terrain they are on

DeletedUser112745

There are also terrain bonuses to take into account.

Guild Expedition is supposed to get more difficult as you progress through it. The rewards as you go higher in GE become better. Diamonds, premium buildings, etc. Why would the game give them away so easily? I'm afraid the increasing in difficulty is intended, so there is nothing to fix.

There are plenty of videos on Youtube and here on the forum as well as written guides giving tips on how to be more effective at GE. Take a look through our guides section: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/guides.25/

PomPoms

Sergeant
Hawk, you are using 2 Mercenary, 3 Armoured Infantry, and 3 Heavy Infantry. The enemy have 4 Mounted Archers and 4 Catapult. They are picking you off from a distance and also have an attack bonus and a defence bonus when facing Heavy units, which is Attack and Defence for 6/8 of your units. You could try using 4 Mounted Archers to take out the catapults...
Anyone got ideas for good units against Mounted Archers?
And yes, do not use auto battle!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Hawk, you are using 2 Mercenary, 3 Armoured Infantry, and 3 Heavy Infantry. The enemy have 4 Mounted Archers and 4 Catapult. They are picking you off from a distance and also have an attack bonus and a defence bonus when facing Heavy units, which is Attack and Defence for 6/8 of your units. You could try using 4 Mounted Archers to take out the catapults...
Anyone got ideas for good units against Mounted Archers?
And yes, do not use auto battle!
1x Champion + 7x Rogues?

Champion has initiative over everything, so you can range-check the mounted arch's & move your unit safely out of the harm's way T1.
Then run over everything. (take out Mtd Archers first obviously)
You *might* lose 1 unit in the end, can be really rng-dependent.