• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Humble request regarding research costs

• Thread starter DeletedUser11780
  • Start date

DeletedUser11780

Dear developers,

first off I would like to thank you for this wonderful game. It is a nice jewel among the all browser strategy games and I am nicely hooked to it.

I am aware of the fact that your game does need to be profitable, thus you need to provide players a tool to be better - diamonds, and naturally, people have to buy them with real money.

I agree on this model and I can live with it with absolutely no problem. Unfortunatelly there is one simple detail that really bothers me.

It is not the extra buildings the diamond user get, it is the research requirements that need diamonds to unlock. I recently came to such a research, luckily in the research tree there is just one so far. Please, change it requirements to unlock and do not add more such of these.

Instead, give these buildings to be automatically added to the players once they reach appropriate level.

It is my humble request, I am very unhappy that this one research will shine unlocked in my otherwise full research tree.

Thank you very much,
Martenus

DeletedUser

The research that you just came to is a dead end so you don't need it. If you want it, you could either buy diamonds or gather enough diamonds from quests to unlock it. It's only there if you want it or not. (P.S. Your idea isn't in a template. The mods won't take it seriously unless it is in one)

DeletedUser

Hey Martenus, welcome to the Forums. :)

As you accurately put, there is only 1 diamond unlockable research in the tech-tree. The Multi-Story Houses.
I'd like to inform you on some facts of this tech. :)

Note that every Age has it's Premium Houses in the building menu. These houses are usually considered the most profitable and best houses for that Age (and maybe the next, excluding the next Age's premium house). Note that each of these houses cost diamonds to constuct and put down, per house.

The Early Middle Age does not have such a premium house in the building menu. Instead, the EMA's premium house has been put in the tech-tree with a one-time unlock cost!
This means for the cost of 600 diamonds once (compared to 200d, 300d and 350d per house of other ages), you unlock the tech to build EMA Premium Houses for no additional diamonds, because Multi-Story Houses cost normal resources to construct.

So actually, currently that's one of the best deals in the game for a premium building. :)

Enjoy the game as it improves and much more is to come! :D

- L

DeletedUser11280

yes 60 diamonds is a little high when you have so little chance to earn them for carrying out tasks set
geoff51