• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Howitzers unecessarily moving to attack

• Thread starter DeletedUser106918
  • Start date

DeletedUser106918

• World: EN12
  • Browser and Version: Chrome/44.0.2403.130
  • Overview of the bug: Due to the 1.57 change, units will move towards a target themselves if they're not in range to attack. However, this has a bug. To attack a stealthed target, units have to be directly next to them, so they will move up close. This would be fine, but it ignores the howitzer's ability to ignore stealth, meaning that if they're in range of a stealthed target, they will still move up close to attack, taking unnecessary retaliation.
  • Screenshots: -
  • How often this occurs: Always.
  • Urgency: Yep, sucks.
  • Preventative Actions: Use up all movement points before actually attacking.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Nope..it has been like this for years. The Howitzer increases his damage caused the closer to the target he is - so the AI will move him adjacent to the target to cause the most damage possible. Silly I know, considering that the retaliation damage received outweighs the extra damage inflicted.

DeletedUser99588

Nope..it has been like this for years. The Howitzer increases his damage caused the closer to the target he is - so the AI will move him adjacent to the target to cause the most damage possible. Silly I know, considering that the retaliation damage received outweighs the extra damage inflicted.

I think the OP might be referring to the latest change to manual fighting that doesn't let you pick the hex you want and moves it to an adjacent one instead.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I'm not sure everyone knows what is meant to happen here.....if it is your unit's turn and you click on the enemy unit you wish to attack if your unit is not within range..then the AI will move your unit and hit that unit..but if you move your unit first and then click on the enemy unit to attack it your unit won't move again (as long as it is within range on the first move).

DeletedUser99588

I'm not sure everyone knows what is meant to happen here.....if it is your unit's turn and you click on the enemy unit you wish to attack if your unit is not within range..then the AI will move your unit and hit that unit..but if you move your unit first and then click on the enemy unit to attack it your unit won't move again (as long as it is within range on the first move).

But it doesn't work like that with all units. Some you move into range and then click on enemy to attack and the Ai decides to move your unit to an adjacent hex. So if you put a microwave blaster 2 hexs away from enemy so it doesn't take retaliation but causes max damage the AI decides to put it right next to the enemy unless you had used all your moves up prior.

DeletedUser16026

The issue seems to be affecting units with the Blast ability (hence Howitzers and Microwave Blasters). The developers have been made aware of this behavior (FOE-27894).

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Yes - I witnessed it today with Microwave ovens. Even though they were within range they moved one more hex closer...grrrr

DeletedUser

Yeah my jaegers are doing the same thing, in a tree and well with in range, they move a hex and out of the tree before firing..