• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How you can defeat high leveled troops with low leveled ones

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Not really surprising. Look at the range: You Champions have a range of 2 (TWO), while Rocket Troop has a range of 24. That means that the Rocket Troop gets at least 2 free shots (maybe even more, depending on terrain) before your units can attack even once. Then there's Mortar - this skill allows the Rocket Troop to hit not only the chosen target, but any other enemy within 2 tiles radius.

The minimum damage per shot is 1, no matter the difference in stats, so you're lucky you did any damage at all, especially if this was on auto. Thanks to Mortar the Rocket Troops were likely hitting 5+ units per shot (even if they were doing just 1 damage to each unit), so most of your units were likely dead or badly damaged before they even reached the enemy lines.

Knight of ICE

It has common sense.

In the example you give from 2020 the Hover Hammer rushes forward and gets killed by the Archers way before the rogues have crossed the distance. No matter how high your attack/defense is, opposing units will always deliver at least one hitpoint. So 8 Archers will deliver 8 hitpoints to that Hover Hammer. That will leave it with just 2. It will be killed in the second round and the rogues will still not have reached the Archers, so they will be toast as well.

Your own example is basically the same. Reason you lose the fight is that the Rocket Troops start the battle before your Champions. With their skill "Mortar" and bonus against heavy units they will have killed several of your Champions and damaged all others before they even start to move. Damaged units become weaker and can deliver less damage themselves. You are totally relying on your attack/defense boost, but there is much more to fighting than just that.

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
There's no common sense when you can easily win in manual battle, but not in auto. I can understand if you use rogues that in manual you would always try to defeat other troops so rouges can't use their ability. In auto rogues are considered as any other troops so you can easily lose because rogues use their ability and instead defeating them with one strike you have new strong troops instead. But in all this cases you have no rogues and the game is based on hitpoints which are nonsense. If hitpoint is as it is I can't see any use of attack/defense bonuses or percentages. In that case archers could easily defeat not only troops from four ages ahead but more advanced troops.
If that is in real life tanks could be easily destroyed by medieval archers.

Knight of ICE

There's no common sense when you can easily win in manual battle, but not in auto.

Where is the common sense in thinking that auto should be equally good as manual battle? Auto is a poor alternative that you should only use for speed.

But in all this cases you have no rogues and the game is based on hitpoints which are nonsense.

How is hitpoints nonsense? What alternative do you suggest?

If hitpoint is as it is I can't see any use of attack/defense bonuses or percentages.

Why not? There is no maximum, only a minimum of 1 hitpoint.

In that case archers could easily defeat not only troops from four ages ahead but more advanced troops.

No they can't. They will lose every time. Unless ofcourse you are stupid enough to combine a fast unit with 7 rogues.

If that is in real life tanks could be easily destroyed by medieval archers.

Newsflash! This is not real life. This is a game where people can even live in a Snow Globe.

Nidwin

Sergeant
What's funny is that if OP had just put 1 helicopter from CE he would have kaboomed those 8 Rocket Troops one by one. Of course we wouldn't have had a post from OP telling us how bad it all is when 1 CE unit can destroy 8 units from 5 ages above.

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
Where is the common sense in thinking that auto should be equally good as manual battle? Auto is a poor alternative that you should only use for speed.

How is hitpoints nonsense? What alternative do you suggest?

Why not? There is no maximum, only a minimum of 1 hitpoint.

No they can't. They will lose every time. Unless ofcourse you are stupid enough to combine a fast unit with 7 rogues.

Newsflash! This is not real life. This is a game where people can even live in a Snow Globe.
Auto should be as close as manual battle that's we are told about AI. Close and better than human thinking.

Hitpoints should be calculated accordingly to attack/defense bonuses and not one hit one point no matter which troops are used.

One hitpoint is minimum and maximum is 10 because every troop have them so much.

It is relative if you'll win or lose. Back to auto/manual difference.

Newsflash! The game should resemble real life if original intention is such. Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age and so on and you make stone age men with wooden sticks defeating medieval men with metal swords. Utter nonsense!

Knight of ICE

Auto should be as close as manual battle that's we are told about AI. Close and better than human thinking.

Not the FoE AI. Something you should have noticed by now.

The game should resemble real life if original intention is such.

Good thing then that it never was the original intention.

Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age and so on and you make stone age men with wooden sticks defeating medieval men with metal swords. Utter nonsense!

You are entitled to that opinion but it has been so since you started playing and that seems to be for some 10 years now. You probably profited from it as well, so why the sudden outrage?

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
Not the FoE AI. Something you should have noticed by now.

Good thing then that it never was the original intention.

You are entitled to that opinion but it has been so since you started playing and that seems to be for some 10 years now. You probably profited from it as well, so why the sudden outrage?
Agreed with that one. But sometimes got surprised with FoE AI.

Original intention was that one. Elvenar, which started later, was the game based on FoE but totally oposite as imagined world. I have tried it but wasn't my cup of tea.

Believe it or not but this was the first time I encountered that troops from lower age could defeat troops form higher age. So the example (thread) that you gave was tottaly unknown to me. I admitt that I'm not a very devoted Forums reader.

Knight of ICE

Believe it or not but this was the first time I encountered that troops from lower age could defeat troops form higher age. So the example (thread) that you gave was tottaly unknown to me. I admitt that I'm not a very devoted Forums reader.

You don't have to be a devoted forums reader. If you are a devoted fighter you would also know. Future Era Hoover Tanks can be used up until SAM, just because they have stealth on plains. The AF Plasma Artillery is the only unit that can deal with them. There are other units as well that are still very effective several era's on. Its all about knowing the units strong points and even more, knowing units initiative.

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
As matter of fact I was always trying to get new era troops as soon as possible hoping that I would defeat any other troops without any trouble. I know that some era troops could be used effectively but never ever used any troops beyond next era. Maybe it's my bad. No one is perfect!

Knight of ICE

As matter of fact I was always trying to get new era troops as soon as possible hoping that I would defeat any other troops without any trouble.

That works well in the last 3 ages, cause reach, movement and skill remain the same. Only thing changing is attack and defense. In ages prior, you could find units that would still give you an advantage in later ages. It's the same with the use of rogues. In later ages you do not really need them anymore.

RichinZhills

Corporal
It's all about getting "hit" in the first place. As KoI pointed out, the HT's have stealth on the plains. Having just 1 HT and 7 rogues (taking into consideration having a nice att/def%), you can just about take on anything - Manually fighting that is. I've found AI to be a total fail in a lot of cases using Rogues. No matter what, my HT's will take damage since the AI pushes the unit across the field first instead of letting the rogues run across and get converted.
I should add that I'm in InA and have Oceanic troops in my arsenal. As for the GbG, using one TT and 1 Railgun against the InA troops seems to be a walk in the park.
But getting back to getting hit. As long as you keep your HT & Rogues on the plains (important as when the Rogue gets hit, if it's not on a plain, it will be hammered once converted to a HT), you can let the other troops come into range and pick them off a few at a time. Of course, the biggest pain is those units that ignore stealth, kill them as fast as you can!

Knight of ICE

It's all about getting "hit" in the first place. As KoI pointed out, the HT's have stealth on the plains. Having just 1 HT and 7 rogues (taking into consideration having a nice att/def%), you can just about take on anything

You do not need the rogues at all. HT's always start on the plain, so they start in stealth mode and can not be hit. Rogues can be hit, so you gain nothing. By not using rogues the HT's can hit earlier.