• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How to Calculate Guild Level

DeletedUser103076

How is the guild level calculated?
sorry if this is a repeat, but if you search on "guild level calculation" you get just about every post ever made, because they almost all include the word "guild".

DeletedUser

Hi NellysDaughter and welcome to the forum!

For more information on how guild levels are worked out, this link should be useful: Guild levels

It also contains some information regarding guild ranking, which might also be useful.

DeletedUser103076

Thanks for the welcome, Hippocratia
I did search this document very carefully trying to figure this out, but I’m beginning to think I’m reading too much into the wording.

But what I see is stuff like (emphasis mine): “as you gain POWER, this CONVERTS TO EXPERIENCE points for your guild, which are USED to increase your guild level.” and “guilds' EXPERIENCE IS CALCULATED according to the territory they own, and this EXPERIENCE CONTRIBUTES to the guild's level.” and “at the end of each day, your guild's POWER POINTS ARE CALCULATED and added to your guild's total, which CONTRIBUTE towards leveling up your guild.“ and “The accumulated power of the maps will CONTRIBUTE to the guild level.”

These quotes lead me to believe that experience is calculated from power (and possibly other factors), and guild level is calculated from experience (and possibly other factors). So I’m wondering what these calculations are, and what these other factors are.

Then I read “You can view information about your guild’s level, and requirements for all levels, in the guild level window, which is accessible from your guild menu icon.” The only requirement I see there seems to be labeled “Power”, and consists of one number. For my guild, for example, we are level 8 with 12.519/13.790 power. A simple reading of this would suggest if we take one more 2-power sector we will go to the next level. But all the discussion above suggests that those 2 power points will be subject to some calculations, and may not take us to the next level.

So I hope you can see my confusion, and can clarify these things for me. Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser2989

The . in the guild level is actually a , so that's 12,519/13,790 and you need 1,271 (one thousand, two hundred and seventy one) more power points to level. At the end of each calculation period (the timer you see at the top of the screen when you are viewing a province) you guilds current power is added to your guilds level.

Lets say you hold 12 sectors all at power 6 that means at the end of the "day" your guild level would go from 12,519/13,790 to 12,591/13,790 (that is +72 points). If you take another sector the power points it's worth are added at the end of the day as a part of your guilds total power.

Lets say your guild takes a new sector that is worth 12, your guild at the end of the "day" will get 72+12=84 points per "day". So each day your guild will have 84 points added to it's "level" and over time level up. So day 1, 12,519/13790, day 2 (+72), 12,591/13790, day 3 (+84), 12,675/13790, day 4 (+84), 12,759/13790, and so on.

There are also modifiers (+5%-+15%) for being in the top 3 guilds of each province (and I think being in the top 3 guilds overall) but I'm unsure if the additional points worked out there are just for guild rankings or if your guild will actually gain those extra power points and level faster.

In the end the more power your guild can hold as a total the faster your guild will level (your guild will also hold a higher rank), you don't have to keep taking new sectors to gain power points. Other ways of gaining power may appear in future updates but currently the only way is to take sectors in GvG.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103076

Thanks Tankovy, for such a clear explanation. I should have remembered the thing about the thousands separator.
So just to confirm I understand, it looks like:
A) “guild level” depends only on the power of all the sectors the guild holds or has held, and the length of time each sector was held – with the possible exception of applying a bonus percentage increase on days when the guild is in the top 3 on the province map (I can work that out if we ever get to those lofty levels).
B) if we lost a sector during a day, we would not have less TOTAL power after the daily calculation, but we would gain less power that day than we had gained the day before.
C) our total power should never be reduced. total power can only go up or stay the same. so we should also never go to a lower guild level, even if we lost all our sectors.

DeletedUser7719

Thanks Tankovy, for such a clear explanation. I should have remembered the thing about the thousands separator.
So just to confirm I understand, it looks like:
A) “guild level” depends only on the power of all the sectors the guild holds or has held, and the length of time each sector was held – with the possible exception of applying a bonus percentage increase on days when the guild is in the top 3 on the province map (I can work that out if we ever get to those lofty levels).
B) if we lost a sector during a day, we would not have less TOTAL power after the daily calculation, but we would gain less power that day than we had gained the day before.
C) our total power should never be reduced. total power can only go up or stay the same. so we should also never go to a lower guild level, even if we lost all our sectors.
A) Yes
B) Yes, and I would also like to add that you will not gain power from a sector that was under siege during the day
C) Yes

DeletedUser103076

B) Yes, and I would also like to add that you will not gain power from a sector that was under siege during the day

thought I read somewhere that only sectors under siege when the countdown ends were excluded.
that if the siege was broken - or the sector was won - before the calculation, the power would be awarded to the owner of standing.

also does this apply to sectors we siege, our sectors sieged by others, or both?
We took a new sector today (1-June) after the daily calculation (siege began well after calculation). Will the power from that sector be included in our total guild power after the daily calculation tomorrow?

DeletedUser7719

thought I read somewhere that only sectors under siege when the countdown ends were excluded.
that if the siege was broken - or the sector was won - before the calculation, the power would be awarded to the owner of standing.

also does this apply to sectors we siege, our sectors sieged by others, or both?
We took a new sector today (1-June) after the daily calculation (siege began well after calculation). Will the power from that sector be included in our total guild power after the daily calculation tomorrow?
Can't be fully sure, but I think any new sector will be added to the guild power as soon as it looses its protected status (which should be when the daily calculation occurs). I will see what happens if our guild gets sieged again, but last time it happened, we borke it way before the time of the daily calculation and we still lost power from that sector.

DeletedUser103076

thanks byeordie
guess I'll just have to watch to see what happens under various circumstances.
at least now I know what to watch for.
thanks for all your help.

DeletedUser103076

OK. I've discovered a new wrinkle in determining guild level.
Yesterday my guild did indeed reach level 9. Unfortunately, I did not look at the guild level tab before today's daily calculation so I don't know how many extra power points we may have had upon reaching level 9.
Today after the daily calculation, however, I find that our "power" is 254/17,740. So it appears our total power upon reaching level 9 did not carry over to our attempt to reach level 10. My previous understanding was that the power requirements for each guild level were like rungs on a ladder -- that once you reached total power of 13,790 to attain level 9, for example, you had 3,950 power points to go to reach guild level 10 at 17,740 points. Instead, it appears you start accumulating power again from 0 as you reach each new level, so to reach guild level 10 you must accumulate 17,740 points after you reach level 9.
Can someone confirm my new understanding, please?
thanks much

DeletedUser2989

That is correct, the totals you see for each level is how much more you need to get to the next level.