• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

how many fps can I purchase?

DeletedUser

Is there a formula or easy way to figure out how many fps I can buy with my current gold amount? Currently I have an excel sheet where I put the current cost of a fp in cell A1, in A2 I write =A1+50. I drag that formula down some random amount. In B1 I put =my current gold - sum(A:A). I then adjust the amount in column A until my formula gives me something close to 0. The amount of fps I can buy is thus just the final row number of column A

seems like there should be a formula (probably something to do with summation notation) where I can just put in how much gold I have, how much the next fp costs and get out the amount of fps total I can buy. I couldn't find an answer already with a search, and the answer needs to be something I can put into excel.

DeletedUser5180

does anyone pay more for their fp's than me.?

fps.png

.........and a quick check using mikes fp calculator

fps bought.jpg

shows i've spent 421 million on the little beggars..!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

Well we Scots have got to stick together, although I am not yet in your league Akbhoy, only spent 271.6 million coins on forge points

DeletedUser5180

Well we Scots have got to stick together, although I am not yet in your league Akbhoy, only spent 271.6 million coins on forge points

where in scotland are you buddy (pm me if you'd prefer) incase all the ladies turn up on your doorstep haha

DeletedUser15432

Live in England but born of Scottish parents in Scotland

DeletedUser7719

Sorry to disturb the friendly conversation, but I'd like to point out it has no relation to the topic, so please keep it elsewhere. :)

Btw, I'll add Seserous Omega's formula to find how many FPs you can purchase with a given coins and cost for current forge point:
solving for n from the original equation x = n (25n + s - 25) gets you this
fps.jpg
which allows you to figure out the maximum fps you can buy with your current gold amount and fp cost which was far more useful to me than the original equation (once I set up excel to solve the new equation for me anyways)

Last edited by a moderator:

STBs

Private
I am almost positive I only purchased a few FP for gold and that the cost was just a few k. Now when I had to buy some more because of a quest, they suddenly cost 10k.
Do you know if there is some minimum cost that has recently raised to 10k? Maybe it was something that happened when I entered CE.

DeletedUser5180

I am almost positive I only purchased a few FP for gold and that the cost was just a few k. Now when I had to buy some more because of a quest, they suddenly cost 10k.
Do you know if there is some minimum cost that has recently raised to 10k? Maybe it was something that happened when I entered CE.

no mate, the starting cost for a forge point is 250 (I think) and rises by 50 for each one bought. the age / era you have reached does not affect this in any way