• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

how does the system select aiding priorities?

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
In regards to hitting the aid button, I'm wondering if the game has an algorithm in deciding the priority of which buildings are aided (polivated), or is it truly random?

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
As far as we know buildings that produce FP and/or fragments get priority, with buildings from the latest ages getting priority over ones from earlier ages.

Nidwin

Sergeant
There's one little catch. Buildings that don't have a secondary production, all primary, do not require motivation for production and don't fall in Ice's list. They are in the last random RnG class of buildings during Aid. Although having them motivated avoid plundering.

J-MS

Private
Having Fragments at the top of the priority list makes no sense at all. Leads to tiny buildings like Trees of Vitality (fragments of One Up kit, wow!) or Sparkstorm being aided ahead of high FP-producing buildings like Eagle Mountain, Abandoned Asylum, Fiore, Shinto Temple, House of Wolf, etc. I am missing out on a lot of FP production because of this silly prioritisation

J-MS

Private
Could also be because of your silly choice of buildings.
Sorry mate that is an inappropriate comment for a moderator. I select my buildings very carefully in view of their combined FP and attack/defense boosts efficiency per square. 1x1 buildings like Tree of Vitality, Granny Aurora or Sparkstorm can be very efficient in that respect. It’s just very annoying when these get aided (just because they produce fragments) ahead of larger buildings that produce a lot more FPs.
My city produces 3210 FPs per day and my att/def stats are 3168/2337. Silly choice of buildings?

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Sorry mate that is an inappropriate comment for a moderator. I select my buildings very carefully in view of their combined FP and attack/defense boosts efficiency per square. 1x1 buildings like Tree of Vitality, Granny Aurora or Sparkstorm can be very efficient in that respect. It’s just very annoying when these get aided (just because they produce fragments) ahead of larger buildings that produce a lot more FPs.
My city produces 3210 FPs per day and my att/def stats are 3168/2337. Silly choice of buildings?
One thing to remember too - what you feel are the 'important' stats or characteristics of a building are not necessarily the same as what other players have (or the developers had in mind). There are also many farmers, or Auction House 'controllers', so for them, their top aid priority would be Goods production. And for those players that are not interested in the fighting side of the game, well then the attack/defense is nearly meaningless to them.
So - while the reply you were given above was very poorly done, fragments for some players (and possibly game developers) is what could be felt to be of higher priority. So even yourself saying that the Fragments as top priority makes no sense - was also poorly said.

J-MS

Private
One thing to remember too - what you feel are the 'important' stats or characteristics of a building are not necessarily the same as what other players have (or the developers had in mind). There are also many farmers, or Auction House 'controllers', so for them, their top aid priority would be Goods production. And for those players that are not interested in the fighting side of the game, well then the attack/defense is nearly meaningless to them.
So - while the reply you were given above was very poorly done, fragments for some players (and possibly game developers) is what could be felt to be of higher priority. So even yourself saying that the Fragments as top priority makes no sense - was also poorly said.
Point well taken. Should have said: ‘Fragments as top priority is debatable’. Could indeed depend on the type of fragments, which of course is subjective, as you say.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Something has changed, so you are commenting on something that does not fully apply anymore.
The game and buildings have changed a lot, but I don't think Aid priority has been revisited. And maybe it needs to be revised. But like so many other things that are patch-worked into the game, it's not well considered how new mechanics fits with other things in the game, i.e. we're still waiting for the ridiculous 10-20-30% for 24 hours defense boosts in the tavern to be revised to fit the 2023 game instead of the 2016 game they were designed for.

But players should stop thinking that it's possible to cover their large cities, over-populated with 1x1 and 2x2 buildings that have flooded into the game this year, with "natural" aid from their friends, guilds and neighbors -- it's not possible. The last time I used a mass-self-aid kit it motivated 225 buildings, you would absolutely need 130 friends and 80 guild members all to aid you every day without fail, plus 15-20 neighbors, and that's never going to happen.

I use some combination of self-aid kits or mass-aid kits every day now and the sooner players learn that reality and start managing those kits, the better.

Could also be because of your silly choice of buildings.
Yes - agree with others - not the sort of tone I'd expect from a mod (even if using the same adjective as the OP). It's not a silly choice - it's just a choice. How about simply "That's something we can take into account when deciding what to build".

Cuthwolf

Captain
Mass self aid kits make a big difference to me; I get around 400FPs more when I remember to use one. I am annoyed with myself that I used to sell these in the AD. I have two Katebo Candy which produce Nutcracker Guardhouse which produce the kits - in time I will be self-sustaining.