• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

how do you start to get great buildings

hades8840

Corporal
Hi all looking for some advice only been playing a week so working things as i go . seems from various sources I need to start getting great buildings problem is when you start with nothing that is not easy . so looking for the best way to try to do this .. thankfully a very generous player let me grab a couple spots for 5 fp and i got back 20 and a couple blueprints as they said players with high level arcs forget what its like when you start..

I am limited on how many fp I can hold and cant get the big amounts needed as I cant get spots cept for the one mentioned above... so any advice to how to start gaining stuff would be great

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Your best way to start, is (a) contributing to other GBs {most likely just 5th position for a single FP so you can get a blueprint or two} and (b) ensure you are aiding everyone in your guild, friends and neighborhood lists on a daily basis, as this will normally net you a couple BPs (i.e. blueprints) each day
If you are not in a guild yet, join one. There are many guilds open to new players, so do not spend too much time finding the right guild, just get in one to start, and if you want something different, you can do that - but at least you will have a starting point.

The best advice I could give you - is do not be in a rush for anything. FoE is not a game of speed, it is designed and meant to be played slowly, over a long period of time. The faster you play, the more problems you will have. The slower you go, the less problems, although you will not have the nicest and newest stuff (just like real life). When Special Events occur, usually over a 3 week period, with roughly 3 weeks in between each Event, take the time and do what you can to earn the Special Building that the Event offers - it will usually help you with your population base, increase your daily goods collection and a number of other positive uses.

r21r

Major-General
Hi all looking for some advice only been playing a week so working things as i go . seems from various sources I need to start getting great buildings problem is when you start with nothing that is not easy . so looking for the best way to try to do this .. thankfully a very generous player let me grab a couple spots for 5 fp and i got back 20 and a couple blueprints as they said players with high level arcs forget what its like when you start..

I am limited on how many fp I can hold and cant get the big amounts needed as I cant get spots cept for the one mentioned above... so any advice to how to start gaining stuff would be great
Coins Supplies and Goods you need, Great Buildings you do not "need", maybe the various sources "need you to need".

take your time, play the game with patience, and you will have everything you need, at the time you will be needing it, as the game is kinda designed for so.

Great Buildings Require Forge Points to be leveled, and as you said above, you do not have any, why get into that trip then?
Space is far more important than Great Buildings, try manage it wisely

Helen1701

Private
To get GBs you must forst collect all of the blueprints for the GB you want to build. The first one in the game is the oracle of delphi, where you're given blueprints for completing tasks. After that, blueprints can be collected in two main ways, aiding other players will occasionally give you a blueprint, and contributing FPs to other peoples GBs will also yield blueprints as long as you've contributed enough to win them (keep an eye on your position, for instance, are you fourth, third, second or first. The higher up you are, the more blueprints you're going to get, as well as getting back a good portion of the FPs you invested, and some medals which you use to pay for victory expansions) Contributing to other peoples GBs is therefore a better way of getting blueprints than just aiding.

The second thing you're going to need, after you have your full set of blueprints is whatever resources it asks for in payment. The goods you are going to need will depend on what era the GB is based on. For example, if you want to build the statue of Zeus, you're going to need bronze age goods.

Now, each GB comes automatically unlocked to level 10, and forge points are going to be required to level the GB up. however, by collecting a new set of blueprints, you can unlock further levels, one level per full set. If you have 5 of one blueprint needed, and lack one, you can use the 'trade 2:1' button to trade two of these excess blueprints in the hope that the one it gives you will fill the missing space. It does take time, but the rewards are worth it in the long run.

Sly OwlBeard

Private
If you are not in a guild yet a very good way to start is guild hopping....
Join a guild and aid everyone, this gives you a chance to get BPs (BPs = Blueprints, you need 9 different blueprints for each GB)
Once you have aided everyone, leave the guild and join another.
Do this for a week and you should have enough BPs for all the basic GBs (great buildings) you need to get you started.
I would then advice you to join a guild and stick with it as a good guild will help you grow and give you advice when you need it.